IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Broke two rules this past weekend. Drove more miles than I normally put on the 240Z in a whole year AND drove through torrential rain and flooding in the Charlottesville area of Virginia. The club, TZCCA, had a winery trip planned. Six members showed up and a seventh appeared on Sunday. I clocked about 530 miles! The only mishap was my car started hitting a rpm wall coming home at 75 average speeds. Suddenly I couldn't get past 60 with the pedal floored. This would clear up then rear it's ugly head again and again. I nursed it home at posted speed limits. No apparent problems under the hood and no backfiring. The fuel filter looked full and clean. The tank was flushed, etched and sealed a few years back. I guess it could be the old RX-7 electric fuel pump starting to go too. I'm suspecting the +20 Allison ignition system so I ordered a new Petronix igniter and coil last night.

Edited by ezzzzzzz

Removed left rear interior panel to access power antenna assembly [note to self: order panel pins for those MIA]

Removed and disassembled antenna assembly to replace mast and clean and lube while it's opened up.

No good. Part from antennaX.com (eBay) is not a correct replacement part. $20 and free shipping should have been a clue that "something that seems too good to be true..."

Posted a WTB for a good mast/bad motor assembly and crossing fingers. I know I can buy an aftermarket but...

Probably will buy a short mast so I can listen to my OEM AM/FM stereo hi-fi occasionally. Somebody will come through. In the mean time, I can refurb the antenna assembly.

Coming home from work, noticed the engine was hot and steam coming from right side of hood. Pulled over at nearest gas station to find the problem...not hard to find. Looks like a little un-authorized Arc welding took place. Attachment of battery cable to solenoid was loose (even with lock washer), and cable rotated up touching hose clamp that was touching engine block. Circuit complete for arc weld. Totally melted clamp and put hole in hose. Never had that happen before. Easy fix though. McGyver'd it to get it home, then replace clamp, trimmed hose, taped cable and re-tightened. Easy fix.

post-19125-14150814591556_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150814592134_thumb.jpg

I finally fixed a very annoying rattle in the doors. The little chrome buttons at the top of the door that the door lock knob goes thru had broken thus allowing the knobs to rattle> I went to the local parts supply and picked up a couple of 3/8"s x 1/2 inch rubber grommets, the type that electrical wires would pass thru. They fit the opening and the knob perfect. They look great as well as being functional

Bob