IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

This was not just one day but many from November last year to Sunday 4/10. I spent 3 to 4 hour each weekend to remove clean and paint the front suspension and zinc plate the bolts and nuts. I also did some cleaning and painting on the front end area under the hood. Some before and after shots. The car started right up and the horn even works after it was taken apart.

post-13827-14150814466358_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814464297_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814464909_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814465355_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814465755_thumb.jpg

Spent 4 hours changing the oil pan gasket. Woulnd't have taken nearly as long if I didn't have to raise the engine to get my Arizona Z Car aluminum pan out. Well, and if the steel drain plug hadn't seized in the aluminum too...

Popped the valve cover, no visible damage, clean as a whistle on the valve train, replaced the distributor cap and rotor and fixed the god awful knocking on my #5 cylinder, now I've just got to figure out why it's running so rich.

Took my yellow Z to a TV commercial shoot here in San Diego. The TV commercial is for the San Diego County Fair. They were looking for a '70's vehicle and I was selected. They liked the bright yellow color. (not an original color, but your average TV viewer won't know). The short ~6 second spot showed two actors dressed '70s style running to the car and getting in to go to the fair. Was cool to watch. Nice to see the Z promoted and they took some good shots of the car. They also gave me $150 and a catered lunch for about 2 hours of my time. Not bad.

Took my yellow Z to a TV commercial shoot here in San Diego. The TV commercial is for the San Diego County Fair. They were looking for a '70's vehicle and I was selected. They liked the bright yellow color. (not an original color, but your average TV viewer won't know). The short ~6 second spot showed two actors dressed '70s style running to the car and getting in to go to the fair. Was cool to watch. Nice to see the Z promoted and they took some good shots of the car. They also gave me $150 and a catered lunch for about 2 hours of my time. Not bad.

Very cool! I'm jealous on many levels...

Got my car rained on!

Sunday was beautiful and the bride & I went for a nice pleasure run and drove her to the farmer's market.

Yesterday I took her to work without checking the forecast and she sat in the rain for the 1st time since the restoration.

Dang weatherman didn't call me up and warn me. Guess it had to happen sometime...