IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

It's Never in Vein Rich.

The respect a car deserves and the beauty of said car is all in the eye of the beholder. Not sure if I bring my Z(s) to classic car shows to Show them off, attract attension to the Z car scene or just to wizz off the American Muscle car crowd. But I do know that they ALWAYS get attension from both young and older folks who insist on telling me about a there previous Z, a friend or relative who had one or something along those lines.

I parked near a BEAUTIFUL 32' or 23' T-Bucket Ford at a car show 2 years back. People walked right past it to my car, with a look of "Been there, seen that" on their face, about the Ford. While talking to most of them, I even pointed at the Ford and mentioned how nice it was, only for them to say "Ya, but it seems Every car show has 1, or 10 of them. But how often do people get to see a Nice Classic Z car"

Thanks for the encouragement, and I honestly I feel the same way. I was talking with some people at the Cruisin' Grand show and they said they just get tired of the same old cars...it's nice to see something different. They were glad that I brought the Z's for a change of pace. I am all for American cars and have my favorites; Pantera's, AMX's, Chargers and Challengers to name a few. But the shows might be a little more interesting if they would be more accepting of the Imports. That I guess is my overall goal really, to get them to open the shows up. And or course, promote the Z and Z heritage. :)

Keeping the Faith,

Rich

...am all for American cars and have my favorites; Pantera's...
Umm, DeTomaso Pantera was made in Italy, despite being sold at Lincoln-Mercury dealers. It is/was no more American than an Opel GT (made in Germany, sold at Buick dealers). Edited by Arne

After three, long, snowy months, I put on my boots and hiked back into the woods to the Z shed. The snow is still up to my knees in most spots, and there is no way that the Z cars will be out in less than four more weeks. I managed to squeeze into the side of the shed containing my 240Z to take a peak. What a sight! Absence makes the heart grown fonder. I put the key in the ignition and with great restraint, restricted myself to turning the key only to the RUN position. The once, annoyingly loud fuel pump that feeds the Webers, sounded like a symphony to my yearning ears. Enough evidence that my rigging of the solar panels on the sheds was a successful mission. The START positions will need to wait a hearty thaw, and a few rain cycles.

I changed out the passenger side headlight this past weekend, as I either took a rock from all the crap they put on the roads here when we had a couple of inches of snow - or I took a shoe/boot to the headlight when I was parked somewhere. Oddly, even though the glass was broke, the light itself still worked.

Either way, job was easier than I expected - fortunately the screws that hold the light in the back were not rusted or stuck :)

Mitchell,

Try this... Near the bottom of the page, Section 6, Part number B11. It's the same tubing I use when I do Engine and dash harness refurbishing. As well as headlight bucket rewiring...

http://vintageconnections.com/mail_order_form.htm

Very flexible, and a nice touch to cleaned up wires. Just mark and unplug the wires on one side and slide it on.

Dave

Here's some front turn signal before and afters and some redone sidemarkers.

post-4921-14150813938134_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150813938784_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150813939351_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150813939949_thumb.jpg