IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Started turning a pile of parts into a running 1973 240Z this weekend. Installed trans, diff, rear control arms, half shafts, brakes, springs/struts, intake, exhaust, fuel pump and a bunch of little stuff. Almost done, just a few odds and ends to button up but for now...Advil.

Well yesterday I cut out a roof panel (not the roof skin) of a 240 Z to replace my sunroof with. I also got a rear bumper. I could only have desecrated a car like that if I knew it wasn't going to be restored and was just a parts car.

Mike

Hit the parts car and removed a lot of hardware.

Picked up remaining hydraulic hose for the gas tank evap lines.

Installed spindle pin and assembled strut housing to rear control arms. A file and a scissor jack were my helpers.

Cleaned up a lot of over spray powder coating on rear hub races with my good friend Mr. Xacto and Mr. Scotchbrite.

Assembled nice powder-coated rear dust shields with new brake cylinders. It is nice to work with not rusty, non-dirty, non-oily parts. I even chased all holes last month so everything went together quite well.

Installed rear wheel studs and oil shields into hubs. Now they are in the freezer waiting to have boiled bearings pressed in in the morning.

My goal is rear wheels, differential and gas tank in tomorrow then the engine reassembly starts.

Painted and Insulated Heater housing.

Installed new hoses and valves

Completed rear brake drum/shoe install (hunted missing parts from hundreds of baggies... ohh car restorations with every bolt off!)

Fitted gas hoses to tank

Sourced and cut rubber for attaching to tank straps

chased all holes near front where bumper, grill light buckets go

rebuilt/refreshed brake pressure loss switch

installed cowl clip rubbers

installed pedal rubbers

installed master brake cylinder and chased the painted studs

removing 40 year old ziebart from headlight assemblies

attachment.php?attachmentid=46962&d=1311857839

post-7641-14150815748378_thumb.jpg

Installed rear brake hoses

Installed gas filler surround and rubber flap

Painted transmission

Painted interior parts

Primed front grill, rear licence plate holder and two tail light surrounds

refreshed SU carb one more to go

Edited by Blue

Installed my A/C compressor bracket and Sanden 508 compressor this afternoon. It's mounted where the air pump was located. I should have the A/C components installed by the end of the week. Then I need to get the hoses made.

I've also decided to redesign the center dash ducting to provide a bit more "directed" air flow. Hopefully I'll be able to get some time on the 3-D printer this week to fabricate it.

The goal is to have the A/C working for my trip to SOCAL.

Rear differential installed.

Fuel, evap, brake lines in tunnel finally fit and refreshed clips with ss hardware installed.

E Brake and rear shoes adjusted and completed.

- rod from handle to intermediary fixture was SAE rather than metric. Lots of old rusty hardware. Had to tap new metric ss captive nuts to fit.

Gas tank hoses to fuel send/return installed

Protective plate that blocks wheel debris from hitting fuel neck installed.

Gas door hardware installed.

Clutch fork boot installed.

Getting ready for transmission and propeller shaft then engine then interior :)

Flying to NJ with SU carbs for rebuild over next 3 weeks.

Cleaning my White 72 up - after its road trip to Savanna. About 800 miles round trip..some rain, some bug guts..

Noticed that the rubber on the windshield wipers were crumbling with age. So off to the parts store for refills.

FWIW,

Carl B.