IGNORED

First time Z owner

Perfect240Z

There's oil in it, it's clean from only 50 miles of use but it's 2 years old so I have to change it once I get her running.

I think the pic can help. I don't have a timin light so I'll have to get one. So the engine will start if the wires connected to the dist. Arent correct? I'm just wondering cause I followed the set up on it today but I'm wondering if the little picture in the manuals I have should be thatvset up if you look at tye book and the dist. At the same time. If that makes sense....

So I shouldn't use the throttle lever next to the choke?

You have one of those! DAMIT I'm jealous!

The firing order above is correct. Know that #1 is the one nearest to the radiator. The order is CCW.

People make too much over the oil in the housing. If there's is oil in there, it's good enough to start the car.

Pumping the throttle will not introduce much additional fuel, but it will change the amount of vacuum and the airflow. It shouldn't be necessary for a properly functioning engine, but we are not dealing with a properly functioning engine here. So if pumping the throttle works, by all means do it until the issues are sorted out.

Edited by Gary in NJ

Use the throttle lever the starting fluid it should start it

I'm going to try again today. I have the starting fluid so, what i didn't do is pull the choke all the way so I'll do that today, I pull the throttle all the way too. It's been cold here 7am is between 37-40 but by 12 it's maybe 60-62 degrees.

So she will start up on her own now. No choke needed and I have the air box off. Right now, I'd the gauge is right shes almost empty. If I tap the gas too much she will make a popping sound where the air intake would be. I'm wondering if shes running rich with the air box off or if shes just running rich in general. I have some videos to upload to YouTube then I'll show them here.