IGNORED

Dallas z owners with butterscotch interior?

saridout

"Isn't Dallas, TX about 1400 miles or so from Toronto? Just sayin......."

Last I knew, several parcel companies still did business across the border.

If the parts are that scarce, isn't the fact that someone has them available, somewhere, worth determining the amount of effort one has to put into obtaining them?

Just sayin.....

I routinely buy from California, Oregon, etc as parts are getting harder to find here in the East. I used to be in Vancouver BC where it was easy to slide into Washington but these days, UPS is my friend. Graphx007, I'll get back to you tonight after work...I'll shoot you some pictures and you decide if this is worth your while.

Cheers,

Chris

Well after i get through all this xmas season i think i am going to try tea or coffee dying on some of the leather i have up in the attic and see how it turns out. I am also going to see if i can find or mix up some rit dye and see if i can get a match. i was out shopping yesterday and went to about 10 different places that sell craft pleathers and had no luck at all. If i ever find anthing close i will make sure and buy several rolls.

"Isn't Dallas, TX about 1400 miles or so from Toronto? Just sayin......."

Last I knew, several parcel companies still did business across the border.

If the parts are that scarce, isn't the fact that someone has them available, somewhere, worth determining the amount of effort one has to put into obtaining them?

Just sayin.....

Never said it wasn't worth the effort; I was just going by the title of the thread.......

Hey I am Florida and have a NOS classic industries pair of butterscotch seat covers bought from impact parts in NY , in perfect condition hit me up for some fotos . Seat backs and bottoms . My buddy jerry just happened to know I had these and mentioned the interest on this site .

Edited by racetearoffs

For what it's worth I have butterscotch door panels, 1/4 window trim, the back light cover and the rear sail panels...oh, and sun visors. I bought them for my car but ended up keeping my white interior.

PM if you are interested in them...they are very clean, no rips, no holes.

Chris

Do you still have them ? I have a green 71 z,with black interior, n want to change.

The main problem I see here that you are asking Classic Datsun for 280 interior parts and from what I understand he only deals in 240 interior parts as 280 parts are hard to come by. I just had a conversation about this the other day. The simple thing to do is give him a call and get it straight.

sorry, i should have updated the thread: i decided to go with jim's suggestion, a company called Seatz. they were a little difficult to communicate with, but the headliner and rails/columns kit they came through with was very nice. i chose a color called Spice... hopefully it'll mesh ok with butterscotch door panels whenever i am able to round some up.

here are some photos of me and dad doing the installation: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76280z/tags/vinylinstallation/

Have a question for those of you that have interiors, i understand the a pillar and the sheet metal around the inside of the car above the doors and the windshield have the leather glued into place. How is the headliner attached?? i have a new headliner and cant figure out how it is held in place around the edges.

My interior has a piece of that slip on edging all around but cant figure out how it is supposed to be installed. pictures would help,

i remember when i tore mine out the plastic slide on trim was over the side and front pieces but cant remember how the headliner was attached.

hey sly, you should check out my vinyl installation photos. they're probably the best example you'll be able to find. here's a photo we took of the headliner right after installation:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76280z/5194049290/

it was by far the easiest part of the whole job. we just lined it up after applying adhesive, applied pressure at the the center first and worked our hands out to the edges, then tucked the slack into that metal lip that goes all the way around the ceiling.

prepare to struggle with that U-shaped pinch strip. it wasn't so bad across the header, but the vinyl on the rails did not go quietly. i'll post a diagram in just a bit to show you how it goes on.