IGNORED

Why do people paint a white stripe down the hood?

oskidunker1

Racing stripes were originally used to help early race car drivers orient themselves for turn-in and to help determine yaw angle through the corner. Older race cars on skinny bias ply tires always cornered at very high yaw angles and the racing stripe helped the driver determine the angle the car was cornering at. Those old race cars had little steering feel and the tires didn't provide a lot of feedback.

Later the striped became a fashion thing.

Ztrain, those stripes are KOOL!

"Ironic that my last car was an AC Cobra" C'mon, really?

Jonh Coffey, thanks for that insight - sounds good to me!

Kinfish, I guess I always have liked blue with stripes - 2 are better than one!

BruceP, I agree that if you got just one big stripe than you should have 2 pinstripes to go with them.

On another note, has anyone ever seen a Z with flames? I know that flames on my bike makes it faster! Just curious and I dont know Photoshop.

ZTrain, I was looking at your front spook. I noticed it's the same one I have (the one with the built in license plate holder). I got mine back in the mid 70's and it's damaged now no thanks to my brother. I was woindering if you've had your for years or have purchased/installed not long ago and if so where you purchased it?...

I'd like to replace mine, but I'm not sure where I can find that style now. You don't see many with the license plate holder anymore. I may have to see if I can get it fixed/re-fiberglassed or if it's even possible....

Thanks! :)

Ztrain, those stripes are KOOL!

"Ironic that my last car was an AC Cobra" C'mon, really?

Yes-a Superformance car.

ZTrain, I was looking at your front spook. I noticed it's the same one I have (the one with the built in license plate holder). I got mine back in the mid 70's and it's damaged now no thanks to my brother. I was woindering if you've had your for years or have purchased/installed not long ago and if so where you purchased it?...

I'd like to replace mine, but I'm not sure where I can find that style now. You don't see many with the license plate holder anymore. I may have to see if I can get it fixed/re-fiberglassed or if it's even possible....

Thanks! :)

I'll rattle a cage or two and see if i can find out the source.