IGNORED

my NEW 500$ 240ZZZee!

bounce

I've had excellent success using Royal Purple 20W50. No leaks, no drama. Of course, it's hot in this part of the world and a different viscosity rating might produce some problems.
How 'tight' is your engine? In other words, how long since the last rebuild? If the answer to that is unknown, as in this case, I'd stick with dino oil.

I needed synthetic for -degree weather starts, I thought,..... I do have a coolant heater I could hook up to it...but that's for the snow plow...maybe the Z will hibernate for the snow months? hopefully not when the roads are clean,clear of snow....

apparently the motor does not drip oil now, at least.....but I was told the valve cover gasket was replaced due to an old one which was beginning to leak.

Edited by bounce

the plan is to have a primer grey Z for a few years... stop deterioration/rust

unsure of fender flares but that would prolly hide alot of the rust work... what say u?

sanding disks, primer spray paint....and some polyester resign, micro ballons? (or Bondo?) and cloth for the tail...all though I prefer the slick, no spoiler look...minus bumpers as well....

I'm gonna get a replacement plug wire set...mount a new battery, synthetic oil and put air in the tires...and drive it!.......uhh...to my mechanic...LOL....I'll have him look at it...

any advice? thanks fellas....

Fender flares are worth considering if you like the look - they cover/replace the rusted areas nicely. Fiberglass bumpers aren't too expensive as replacements for the damaged originals.

Don't forget to spend $15 on a Datsun Z Haynes repair manual - money well spent considering what lies ahead for you. It will help your get through maintenance you can do yourself and indicate when to leave it to the professionals.

Dennis

Edited by psdenno