IGNORED

ZCar Sales!! What's it really worth?

Zs-ondabrain

I'm shooting 113 hopefully real soon. Love that color

Save me your left over paint. I just need enough to spray the fuel door and some other spots for touch up. IF I still have the green Z when you're done.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

What amazes me is that the people that are charging the big bucks for the restored Z's do not even have working air conditioning.If I'm buying a restored Z, the A/C better be working.I 'm not interested in having to install it later.

So are ya talking Factory? Or Dealer Installed? Cause most 240Z's Didn't come with Factory A/C. Hell of a lot of Dealer installed units though.

Actually, ALL 240Z's came with A/C.... Up here, we call it a window. and the awesome thing was that they all came with 2 windows. :stupid: ROFL

I understand wanting the A/C, being in California and all. but let's keep on subject here.

any other input, guys?

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Then why have I only had 1 email about it?

Guess it's Craigslist time.

Dave

Same reason I ended up parting the yellow car. While it would have been a great starting point in the Rust Belt, by the time you add trucking costs and the uncertainty from not being able to inspect in person, most buyers back East are wary of pulling the trigger on something like this. And there's too much competition here on the West Coast.

I know it's hard, Dave, but be patient and your buyer will come. It is a good car, and someone will eventually come to that conclusion.

What amazes me is that the people that are charging the big bucks for the restored Z's do not even have working air conditioning.If I'm buying a restored Z, the A/C better be working.I 'm not interested in having to install it later.

Dealer install air conditioning in the 1970's and into '71 was a total ripoff since it did not work for crap. I paid for the dealer installed system in Dec,'70 and it never worked right after delivery in '71. Car was back to the dealer maybe 5-6 times for them to fix it but they failed each time.

I trashed the system out of frustration after dealing with 115 deg F temps in Mojave Desert in 1974. Yanked all the stuff and planted it it in the dumpster except for the York Compressor which I was going to return to Dealer's showroom floor. It does make a great boat anchor.

Dave

I agree with Arne - you have a very solid car and serious Z buyers will realize that. Here in the midwest - your car would probably go for around $ 5,000 minimum.

If you have the time - there is always a buyer for every seller. It all depends on your time schedule and amount of patience. I also think that you are best staying with the Datsun classified ads. They will be more serious buyers and will realize the value of the work you have done.

I bought mine from Ebay - sight unseen - so don't discount the crazy buyers out there either! :stupid:

Good luck

Thanks Jim. Patience is a virtue that I've lived by for a long time. I now have 5 kids, if it weren't for patience, I'd likely only have 3 or 4.

I may go with a Solid $4000 or find a dent free, clean hood and Paint it a Satin or low gloss black, just to minimize the amount of ("How bad is that hood?") questions.

I could really use the Cash now but I'm OK for now.

Thanks.

Dave

I may go with a Solid $4000 ......

That's probably the smartest way to go when you find buyer resistance at a given price. Drop it a little at a time until it gets into a potential buyer's comfort zone - while hopefully still priced in your comfort zone.

You know that when a buyer does turn up, he'll try to beat the price down even further. You've got a good car and you can sell it on its virtues. Be strong, there's a buyer out there somewhere :)

Dennis