IGNORED

OEM Weatherstrip $

kjphilippona

I am not sure what piece of weatherstrip is need to go here ?

If you are talking about the strip on the window trim, that should be part of the quarter window seals. There is a blowup of the quarter windows in Wickes book. Shows exactly how to take them apart and put them back together.

The price is why people have gone with weatherstripping from the Kia Sportage at the junk yard. This has been discussed on this site. I bought mine a few weeks back for $16.00 and they are great.

Yep, I have KIA on both doors and hatch. Perfect seal, doors and hatch close very easily, great panel fit and stockish look. Could not be happier.

At risk of asking about something that seems like it has been covered many times, I cannot find answers to following questions:

1) WS from a Kia Sportage fits side doors well. Do I need to specify WS from a Sportage 2d?

2) does the Sportage WS also fit rear hatch?

3) Part #'s world be great.

At risk of asking about something that seems like it has been covered many times, I cannot find answers to following questions:

1) WS from a Kia Sportage fits side doors well. Do I need to specify WS from a Sportage 2d?

2) does the Sportage WS also fit rear hatch?

3) Part #'s world be great.

This should help. The link to the thread I used to research the Kia weather stripping is here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37308&highlight=kia+weather+strip

Here is a photo of the part number that I used to order mine and from what I could find it doesn't matter whether it is right or left side, both work for either side.

I have read that it also works great on the hatch as well.

One note though is that it may be hard to locate these new unless Kia has finally had a shipment from Korea show up in the states. Global Kia Parts told me I got the last two of four that they could find. Granted I don't know if they looked up both side door numbers or just the one I gave them.

I haven't had a chance to install mine yet. Every time I think I have a day coming up to do it, something else demands my time. Hopefully soon! LOL

Steve-

Any chance of some pics showing how you handled your 90° angle? I have read of different ways but never any visual to back up the written. I for one would greatly appreciate it! :classic:

post-20361-14150811326651_thumb.jpg

Johnny'O, sorry i have not heard of Wickes book. Is this avaliabe for public viewing or something i have to purchase.

Sorry for the delayed reply but I see Mike B hooked you up. I will be working on mine next week. Let me know if you want pictures of the process.

Steve-

Any chance of some pics showing how you handled your 90° angle? I have read of different ways but never any visual to back up the written. I for one would greatly appreciate it! :classic:

Here is the 90° at the top of the door...

post-20531-14150811328041_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of how it fits on the hatch...

post-20531-141508113283_thumb.jpg