IGNORED

Painting it 901

steve91tt

I dropped by the paint shop tonight after work to see how things are coming on my car. He has the car mostly torn apart and the good news...Zero Rust!:classic:

post-20531-14150810979188_thumb.jpg

The bad news... My front air dam is full of dents and old bondo.:disappoin. The body guy figures that it will take 10 hours of shop time to get it looking tip top so I guess it's time to start looking at replacement parts.

The guy with the 308 in the shop with me wasn't so lucky. Rust holes lurking under his paint all the way around the car. Sad to see such a beautiful car in such bad shape.

post-20531-14150810978077_thumb.jpg

post-20531-14150810978475_thumb.jpg

post-20531-1415081097877_thumb.jpg

Mine just graduated from nursing school... She can date when she is thirty but she can drive the Z anytime she wants.

HAHAHA I'm part of that club, too! My two daughters can't date until after they're old and already married. I know it doesn't make any sense, but what I say goes. LOL

"Papa, why are you always cleaning your shotgun on the front porch? How clean does it need to be?"

They're only 3 and 4 right now, so it gives me a chance to build my shotty collection. ;)

I always have to laugh when I hear fathers of young daughters.:paranoid:

I have 5 married daughters and all your best laid plans will not stop them from doing what daughters do.

I have come by my grey hair honestly!:stupid:

Casey

I dropped by the paint shop tonight after work to see how things are coming on my car. He has the car mostly torn apart and the good news...Zero Rust!:classic:

[ATTACH]36113[/ATTACH][ATTACH]36114[/ATTACH][ATTACH]36115[/ATTACH]

The bad news... My front air dam is full of dents and old bondo.:disappoin. The body guy figures that it will take 10 hours of shop time to get it looking tip top so I guess it's time to start looking at replacement parts.

The guy with the 308 in the shop with me wasn't so lucky. Rust holes lurking under his paint all the way around the car. Sad to see such a beautiful car in such bad shape.

[ATTACH]36112[/ATTACH]

Your wheels are outstanding! It is going to look beautiful... congrats, and enjoy the journey.

You mean the stock valance parts? If so, and if I were in need for a non-concours car, I'd look into the fiberglass replacement valance (one-piece) from Classic Datsun.

Be sure to save those rubber strips that are attached to the top of each front side. They can be cleaned and reused. Also, run to Home Depot and pick up some neoprene insulating strips about 1/4" - 5/8" thick and 3/4" wide with the self stick on one side for the fender supports and waterproofing just in front of and behind the cowl drain area.

Gonna look nice!

John

Let me know if you need the center valance. I have one pulled off of a 73 that is in nice shape. I also have a cowl a couple interior and engine parts from the same 73 if you need them. I would go with the one piece fiber glass though if it wasn't a show car.

John

You mean the stock valance parts? If so, and if I were in need for a non-concours car, I'd look into the fiberglass replacement valance (one-piece) from Classic Datsun.

Great tip. I did not know that Les had the "stock" replacement in fiberglass. I called him, he had one in stock and it's on the way to me. I'll take some photos when it gets here.

Great tip. I did not know that Les had the "stock" replacement in fiberglass. I called him, he had one in stock and it's on the way to me. I'll take some photos when it gets here.
Had that part been available when I bought my spook from Les, I'd probably have bought one just so I didn't have to drill holes in my original valance parts.

Ron, I don't think that there is a picture of the fiberglass valance on CDM's website, the picture they use looks factory steel parts to me. But I know they make it, so hopefully Steve will post a picture when he gets his.