IGNORED

Rb26 240z stolen in lakewood ca

davestation

GT-R engine, why not a GT-R badge?
Advertises what's under the hood. Like leaving an iPod, nice camera or a laptop computer in view on the seat - begging for someone to do a smash-and-grab.

The emblem is cool when it means something (like it did/does on this car), but if the car can't be garaged I don't think I'd want to advertise it like that.

Advertises what's under the hood. Like leaving an iPod, nice camera or a laptop computer in view on the seat - begging for someone to do a smash-and-grab.

The emblem is cool when it means something (like it did/does on this car), but if the car can't be garaged I don't think I'd want to advertise it like that.

I understood what he meant. I'm just not that paranoid so as to not put something on my car for fear of it being tampered with or stolen. The stark reality is that if they want it, they're going to get it. With or without the embellishments.

It seems to me that the culprit must be pretty savvy about Datsuns/Nissans

generally and Z Cars in particular to have focused on one so pretty and so

nicely equipped. Could be a potential clue. Praying for its safe return.

All Z Best,................................Kathy & Rick

IMHO, no professional thief is going to waste his/ her time with a 30 + year old car.

The only value that a car has like this is intrinsic to a collector and the ZCAR world is not as rarefied as the Porsche or Lamborghini world.

Check the Kelley Blue Book and see what non-reappraised ZCARS clock in at valuewise.

This was probably the work of some street level thief, and it is probably still in the area.

Last year or the year before there was a gentleman in California's high desert area who had his cherry ZCAR carjacked out from under him.

He eventually found it, and it was a few blocks from his house, stripped but there nonetheless.

i saw your craigslist ad. have you considered placing a WTB ad for a datsun and see if the thief tries to sell to you?

That's a freaking good idea. I don't know about the car, but the parts for sure.

I don't think it got stolen because of the emblem, more likely would be that someone saw it on the forums, but then they'd have to find me...witch hunt.

IMHO, no professional thief is going to waste his/ her time with a 30 + year old car.

This was probably the work of some street level thief, and it is probably still in the area.

My thoughts exactly, if it's the kind of kid that has a shop and can yank and ship an engine, or basically a chop shop, why not steal a car that is either worth more or at least less conspicuous and easy to move. I thought people only steal hondas and mercedes for this reason, but I guess mine was apparently easy enough to steal that the joy ride would make it worth it.

Forgot to mention earlier: Also stolen with the car was a white iPod video 5th Gen 30GB (MA002LL/A). What makes this stand out is that I replaced the center button with a black one, so if you see this unique ipod on craigs or anything let me know!

In retrospect I wish I chiseled my name into it. I used to think my home town was fairly safe. This is the second ipod stolen from me, which means that there are at least two thieves out there with an ipod named "Blessed Warrior"

I don't see how anyone could remove that engine and sell it. It would be like someone stealing and trying to sell the Mona Lisa. That motor is a work of art.

That's what I'm hoping. I couldn't find the S# or anything, but it's rarity should be enough for it to get spotted eventually.

Unless I'm the next victim on Overhaulin' the car was definitely not towed. When you file a report that's the first thing the police check, and tow yards are supposed to report all vehicles they pick up so it would get flagged. Also there are several other cars that were parked near mine, one has been covered for months. Unless I'm missing something or the guy who took the report was incompetent.