IGNORED

Zap Decals

T_Sprenger

I'd ask around at that price, we got the stripes for the Torino for under $200 and they had to order a special vinyl to do the gold. I made the vector files, but they scanned the template I made. I also worked for a pesticide company in the early 2000's we would get custom vinyl for the 1200 gal elliptical trucks for $250.

I'd ask around at that price, we got the stripes for the Torino for under $200 and they had to order a special vinyl to do the gold. I made the vector files, but they scanned the template I made. I also worked for a pesticide company in the early 2000's we would get custom vinyl for the 1200 gal elliptical trucks for $250.

I just called this car striping shop to come and get an estimate on making 10 sets or so.

I hope it will not be so expensive.........;)

The "Wraps" i have seen are not so nice up close .They are a series of dots printed on the vinyl not the solid colors of the Zaap decals . There are also sections of the Zaap decals that allow the Yellow Paint to shine through (Front of the Hood decal and front of the fender decal.) The price i had heard for the Black Pearl reproduced decals was $250 and they are an" easy " black and silver design the Zaap is much more difficult .(I know i own both a BP and a Zaap both with SAP)

The "Wraps" i have seen are not so nice up close .They are a series of dots printed on the vinyl not the solid colors of the Zaap decals . There are also sections of the Zaap decals that allow the Yellow Paint to shine through (Front of the Hood decal and front of the fender decal.) The price i had heard for the Black Pearl reproduced decals was $250 and they are an" easy " black and silver design the Zaap is much more difficult .(I know i own both a BP and a Zaap both with SAP)

That is a type of body wrap that is cheap and easy to put on. I've never used it, I've only used solid vinyl. The vinyl wrap company in Maple Shade I've worked with does solid vinyl.

I am interested in having a set of Zap decals made. The original owner of the zap I recently purchased had them taken off before taking delivery from the dealership.

I've found a couple pics of the zap online but would appreciate anyone who has access to one getting some measurements and sharing them.

Thanks in advance!

OK I just got a price quote. ANd this will be done in 2 weeks.

If I paid for this company to come out and do a measurement, color matching, digitizing it, testing it on a car, and make a production ones. They will print out the sets.

Now I just did some calculation...... This is based upon making only 10 sets.

$385/set a set if you are buying 1 set.

$375/set if your a buying 2 sets.

$350/set if you are buying 5 sets,

I am buying 4 sets for my friend who has 2 cars.:)

OK I just got a price quote. ANd this will be done in 2 weeks.

If I paid for this company to come out and do a measurement, color matching, digitizing it, testing it on a car, and make a production ones. They will print out the sets.

Now I just did some calculation...... This is based upon making only 10 sets.

$385/set a set if you are buying 1 set.

$375/set if your a buying 2 sets.

$350/set if you are buying 5 sets,

I am buying 4 sets for my friend who has 2 cars.:)

I would like to put in an order for 1 set. Possible 2

Let me know what I need to do.

Thank you for taking the time to make this happen!

Tim

I would like to put in an order for 1 set. Possible 2

Let me know what I need to do.

Thank you for taking the time to make this happen!

Tim

This company is coming to measure the graphics and digitize it today or tomorrow, and then give me a sample to see what it looks like in few days.

After placing order and pay money, they will print 10 sets. (minimum order to bring the cost down, otherwise it will be $450-500 a set)

Please email me your name and address at support@jdm-car-parts.com, and so I will let you know wheh it it is ready. If you take 2 sets, now we have only 4 sets left. I will take it out on a car before I send it to you, by the way.

Edited by esprist

Perhaps you could interest MSA or Blackdragon in reselling the kit for you. If they each bought 5 or 10, that could help to drive down the cost....

Just a thought..

Well, they will never buy 5 or 10 in stock. I already know.

I wish they did, to bring the cost down.

No one is buying volume right now.........

:disappoin

You should look to find an original set, nut measurements, then take them to a good graphics shop and have them make a vector file. With a vector file just about any place that does vinyl can reproduce the graphics, I think even Kinko's could make them. Once you do that you will never need to look for a set.

For you non-graphics people a vector files uses mathematical lines instead of raster (like dots) to make the shape you can make the file infinitely large without distorting. The downfalls to this file type is thing with fade or processional change don't convert well.

OK, this company just did color matching today, and it is pretty close!

Now I should have a sample one this Friday making sure it looks good.

post-16910-14150810573756_thumb.jpg

post-16910-1415081057427_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150810574685_thumb.jpg