IGNORED

New Guy! RHD 79 Fairlady Z!

BT802

Very cool! Are you sure though, that it has power steering? I cant see the pump or reservoir in your pic? The "non GL" models sold in USA did not have the power steering, but rather, the good ole' rack and pinion from the previous S30. Might be a handful at parking speeds.

I guess I'll have to dig around and actually look for it... if it doesnt have power steering though I certainly can't tell.

Good news and bad news yesterday...

Good news: I took the car to a buddies shop yesterday to compound buff/wax a small spot to see how well the paint looks after being thoroughly cleaned and it looks awesome!

Bad new: It was definitely been painted before and had some small body work done. We found some pretty crappy tape lines along the silver/black pinstriping. I guess now it wouldnt matter whehter or not I had it all smoothed out and repainted.

• 4 weeks later...

Got these waiting to go on as soon as the tires get here..

26537_1307154317743_1197095341_30740008_7167102_n.jpg

I gave the outside a good cleaning with some air tools involving rubbing compound, swirl remover, then a little Meguiars hand wax.... came out looking great! It's not perfect by any means but it looks a lot better for sure. I'll get pics as soon as the wheels go on.

Now I need to figure out this idle problem. I think I read something about an adjustment screw on the TB, mine is completely screwed up so I am thinking it definitely needs replaced, just not sure what all I actually need to replace LOL..

WOW!!! Do I like that car!!!!

Maybe you could contact Jim Jackson, VP of the New York Z

Car Club (Jim260Z@NYZCC.com). He has a 260Z Fairlady

2+2 and seems to be quite knowledgeable about those cars,

and is willing to share what he has learned.

Hope to meet you in Nashville if we are able to make it.

Jim and his wife and little girl are already committed to it.

All Z Best,...........................Kathy & Rick

Rick, thanks for the kind words.

Brian,

Congratulations on the car.

The car I own is in fact a 79 280zx 2+2. vin# HGS130003654. I will be in touch and help u out any way I can. Please excuse me for not offering more right now. I have been working 7 days a week for the past 2 months and I am completely shot. I check my email before I go to bed every night and I did not want to leave u hanging.

Thanks,

Jim

ps, if there is a pm(private message) link/button. please send me your email.