IGNORED

Let's Paint it Yellow

motorman7

Pay the bucks to have an "expert" install the glass. Maybe you can learn some tricks for next time!

Search here for opinions on whether to put the trim on 1st or after the gasket install. Escalon and Geezer have had some discussions as have others.

Thanks, I read their threads and after reading them was feeling like I could do it myself. They made it sound so easy. I would be curious to see how many people have cracked a windshield trying to do it themselves. Still not sure what I will do here. For both $140 quotes I received, I would need to take the car to them. Is it legal to drive without a windshield?

It's been very frustrating with the glass. I have called at least 8 different shops. Most will not install on 'older' cars. I had to call Les at CDM to finally find someone who would. I also found one other and the price was the same, conditions the same...I bring it there.

If you have any trouble with the rear spoiler let me know, I can buff it for you..or re-paint it if you like. you do have a warranty you know.

and also if you need a little paint, just let me know, i'll mix some up for you.

Glad you like it though :) i love the color too !

and also if you need a little paint, just let me know, i'll mix some up for you.

That would be great Lance. I nicked a corner of the door with my ring. Hate it when that happens.:ermm:

I got some more stuff put on. Got the fuel tank in and all the lines hooked up. Put in the gas cap and the bumper. I love the gas cap. Got that for $5 on e-bay and zinced it myself. It came out well.

David: If you get that guys number let me know. Thanks!!:)

post-19125-14150810857805_thumb.jpg

post-19125-1415081085839_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150810858971_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150810860022_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arne

Thanks. I am planning on doing doors and weatherstrip on Thursday. Then Trans and engine on Saturday. Sunday will be what I don't get done on those two days. Would sure be nice to be driving it this Sunday, but I think that is a bit optimistic. Will depend on how much free time I can find.

Hi all, not a Z car but thought some of you might be interested to see the flare work we have done on this example...if youre intrigued let me know, we are thinking of mass producing the base flares (they are solid sheet steel, no fiberglass) for roadsters, Z cars, 510s for regular folks to bolt onto their own applications. All you'd have to do is seal them up and sand in the joints. At least thats the idea. Were still working on the engineering to allow them to be easily mass produced. As for why posting to this thread, the things gonna be corvette panama yellow when were done! Can post some more pics if ur interested.

body work by lucky's speed shop of Fremont, CA

chassis work including 4 link rear by DGR fab of redwood city, CA

post-21575-14150810870587_thumb.jpg

Got a lot done today. Must say I really appreciate the help from the Z friends here.

Special thanks to Dave in Oregon who sent me the shim for the booster and master cylinder. I greatly appreciate the part.

Also, Thanks to Loren/FrankenstienZ for helping with assembly today. Also had my son working.

If I had the windows in I'd be drivin this to work tomorrow. Will post more tomorrow.

Rich

post-19125-14150810925469_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150810926104_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150810926801_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150810927392_thumb.jpg

Wow, just got a quote from "Budget Auto Glass" to install the two windows. Told them I had all the parts and new molding. $150 for the rear, $215 to install the front. These people are insane

I think I am going to install this myself tonight, I will do the back first. I already have the molding and the metal pieces installed. Will go to home depot and get my 1/4" string and give is a shot. If the back goes well, I will try the front.

Then, all that is needed is to bleed the brakes and install the hood and it is drivable. I still have interior panels to put on, but that can wait.

Would have been farther along, but broke a bolt off while installing the pressure plate. Dumb mistake, put the clutch plate in backwards :stupid:. Then to make matters worse, I broke my easy out bit off while trying to extract the remaining bolt piece in the flywheel. Took me 1.5 hours to finally get it out. What a pain.

Anyway, hope I get this thing going to tonight. My '73 (daily driver) is not doing so well. Front Hitachi is flooding. It drives OK at speed, but idles terribly. I think it will take less time to finish the '71 than fix the '73.