IGNORED

ZCON 2010 July 28th-Aug 1st Nashville,TN

300twinz

Just a heads-up...the cutoff for early registration is tomorrow. That's paid early registration. Unpaid registrations will be purged from the system shortly. Also, just ran the stats from the registration file. The ZCCA judged competition for the car show is nearly full. So is the field trip to Nissan's Smyrna assembly facility. Over 42 240Zs are registered.

I need to make a very big decision here today regarding ZCON. I registered for a number of the events and was planning on bringing HLS30-02614 to the judged show, but a lot has changed over the last 3 months. When I registered I was at my job of 8 years sitting on 3 weeks of vacation. Unfortunately, I was laid off shortly thereafter. Amazingly, I got a great job just two weeks later, but now I have just 1.5 days of vacation. Will probably only have 4 days by the time of the show. Not sure if I want to take a 2 day drive out and two day drive back for a short visit (pulling a trailered Z none the less). I will think about this for the day and see what I end up doing.

Signed up a few days ago and paid my full registration through paypal yesterday. I received a "unpaid registration confirmation" a few days earlier, but have not gotten a confirmation through paypal after my payment. I hope I got in on the facility tour :(

Are the tickets picked up at the location?

Edited by spitz17

I made the commitment and hotel reservation, just haven't been confirmed, yet. I'm looking forward to the whole wonderful event.

Now, how much clean, polish, repair, refurbish, restore, chrome, paint, powdercoat, OEM, etc, can one do in about 11 weeks?

Bonzi Lon

It looks like Nashville really got hit hard by flooding this past weekend. The Opryland hotel (main convention hotel) was under 10 ft of water and I read it could be closed for up to 6 months. Here is a link to some pictures of the damage http://www.examiner.com/ExaminerSlideshow.html?entryid=1232836&slide=1. In addition to all of the property damage I heard that at least 10 people in the area lost their lives, so it's a real tragedy. Hopefully everyone on this site made it through it ok and with minimal damage.

-Mike

I'll be in Nashville this coming Sunday and Monday. Looks like they got some water! Opryland is not our convention hotel, thankfully. I hear the bar is still open at our hotel!

FYI, the Nissan facility tour at Smyrna is full however there is a conversation about adding another tour on Wednesday. We'll have to see how that plays out. This is going to be a big convention!

I won't have my 240Z there, but I am aiming to have my 300Z convertible there-I think I was one of the first registered...gotta finish Larrys car and get on mine!

Chris-you aiming for two bottles of rum this year?

I think someone should clarify that the Opyland Hotel is the city of Nashville's main convention hotel, but not the hotel that the Z convention is using.

The Z convention site is well South of Nashville proper.

The flooding is tragic, and our hopes and prayers go with those affected.

I started training about a month ago when Siesta Key Rum first came out. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1485647124&ref=profile#!/siestakeyrum?ref=ts

Hope to be in good form by July. Yes two bottles would be fine and sure I'll enjoy that drink!

Yes the (now two) hotels for the ZCCA convention are South of town. There will be a bus shuttle to downtown Nashville on Thursday. I hear the rush-hour traffic is horrible.

post-4148-14150810856435_thumb.jpg