IGNORED

How many ZZZAP 280Z cars were made?

esprist

Yep. I finally conceded to Carl Beck that all factory painted code 638 1978 280Zs are Black Pearls with or without the SAP but the same can't be said for factory painted code 411 1977 280Zs.

Why not!?!?! I can't read the pictures you posted.

Just to add more Gasoline to the fire ! I am far from an expert on the ZZZap Z but i do own one with SAP and a pair of Black Pearl cars . Nissan used two print add campaigns announcing the ZZZap one with SAP and another pointing out the SAP package .There was also an arcade game released at the time the ZZZAP cars were released called 280ZZZAP By Midway (BAlly)(I own one)http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=0&game_id=6777 it was a revised Night Driver game but showed the Yellow 77 280z on the game and print advertisements both without the SAP package but headlined with 280ZZZAP .From this I have to cast my vote that all code 411 1977 Coupe Z cars are ZZZAP cars with or without the SAP package as are all 638 code 1978 cars Black Pearl cars with or without SAP.To answer the original question of a number of ZZZAP Zs manufactured the number i have seen for Black Pearls is 1800 (one per dealer in 1978 ) but i must say i have seen many more Black Pearl cars than ZZZAP cars ??? Someone should start a registry for ZZZAPs like Ross Williams has for the Black Pearl cars . Just my 2 cents !

Edited by jellobob777
added more info

Wasn't Idahokid selling his not that long a go. Also I thought they had a special hubcap, and I also think wheels too. A guy was looking for the hubcap and I looked up the part number for him on the microfiche for the Zap. I'd post the page from the microfiche for you but I didn't print it when I was at the library (I need to find my own reader or someone who would make PDF's of them for me).

Why not!?!?! I can't read the pictures you posted.
They're just the two Black Pearl window stickers Carl posted some time back. One w/SAP and one w/o. You're saying a code 411 77 w/o the SAP would still be a ZZZAP? Edited by sblake01

They're just the two Black Pearl window stickers Carl posted some time back. One w/SAP and one w/o. You're saying a code 411 77 w/o the SAP would still be a ZZZAP?

Yea, I suppose so. Why wouldn't it be? Carl, has more information about the Black Pearl, but it appears from all evidence that ZZZap Yellow (411) is another "marketing" paint color. And Carl has his point about with or without the appearance package. So wouldn't ZZZap Yellow be considered the same?

That's pretty cool, FricFrac

post-4148-14150810160859_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150810161111_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150810161358_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150810161514_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150810161853_thumb.jpg

Edited by 26th-Z

Yea, I suppose so. Why wouldn't it be? Carl, has more information about the Black Pearl, but it appears from all evidence that ZZZap Yellow (411) is another "marketing" paint color. And Carl has his point about with or without the appearance package. So wouldn't ZZZap Yellow be considered the same?

That's pretty cool, FricFrac

In that case, an original condition one is very rare and worth it, even if it is in old faded condition......

That depends on the individual. I personally don't value a BPE or a ZZZap any higher than any other 78 or 77. Especially since they're 32-33+ years old and won't ever be 'original' unless they were kept in some kind of controlled environment. That and there's no special nomenclature or documentation to distinguish them from any other 77 or 78 280Z such as there is for the 10th Anniversary ZX or most other manufacturers special edition vehicles.

Edited by sblake01

I have two 1977 411 yellow 280z' but no original documentation. Both have some parts of the SAP but not all. One has everything but the wheels in the ad and was bought by an older guy 25 years ago. He has since passed. His daughters husband told me the guy didn't like the color and the stickers so painted it white. At the time I didn't know anything about the ZZZAP but I do remember now playing the video game in high school. To clear up a little confusion, when I listed the car for sale I said it was the sunburst 411 yellow (as in the ZZZAP). I was suggesting that someone purchase it to make a clone as it was already the right color. It hasn't sold and I am considering the clone myself. Having two 411's in rural Idaho tells me the color wasn't all that rare. Could be coincidence too.