IGNORED

Considering Konig or Rota RB

d240zx2

I can vouch for the RB-Rs as well. They are a solid product, and definately worth every penny, although some may consider them "knock-offs."

I'd pick good looking knock offs to save $2k anyday (compared to watanabes).

I guess it is in the air to want new rims. I am looking to sell my 15x7 panasports. I am looking at you FRANK. I just bought some new rubber so I will probably be keeping the tires, but I will sell the panasports for whatever the new Konigs cost me if your interested Frank. Let me know

here they are in all their wonderful glory.

4361066694_5a19856d6c_b.jpg

Sure am. I love the look of jokers car, I always have. I think those rims would look great on my car. I know they are not panasports, and if I could find somebody who carried gunmetal panasports, I would get those, but they are like trying to find a unicorn in a leprechaun factory, owned by dragons. They may as well be imaginary. But I am definitely serious Frank, if your interested. Shoot me a PM an email and we can talk about it.

Wat's, Rewinds, and XXR (sportmax) have the stepped lip while the Panasports and RB (RBR's) do not. Besides the spokes, I think the lip makes a heck of a difference in the appearance.

If I didn't have my 16s waiting for installation and 14" wats on my car I'd be shopping for some 15x8 or wider SSR MkII's. I love a good old school wheel.

Zedone, wouldn't it be cheaper to get your Panasports painted or powdercoated gunmetal. I'm pretty sure that they are painted to begin with.

I mean if you are happy with them and they are balanced with no vibrations, why change? If you weren't able to paint them any good body shop could. If you masked them off all they would have to do is prime and paint. It wouldn't take that much paint and you could have them use an epoxy-based one. Powdercoating is another option...has anyone done this? FWIW.

Cheers, Mike

ps: my Rotas were shipped from www.wheeldude yesterday, here Friday.

You must post pictures when you get them buddy! I have dealt with wheel dude on several occasions in my subaru days....

I have contacted a powerdcoating company locally, and they want 175 per wheel to strip, prep and powdercoat them. More than I want to spend. I may check a few others, as I have thought about that.

As I tell most people shopping for a Z, patience is always key. I can wait to make the right decision.

I have some old western wheels, (similar 8 spoke pattern to the panasports) on my roadster. I masked off the aluminum lip w/ 2 layers of duct tape and had the spokes sandblasted ($35.00). I then sprayed the spokes with a Duplicoat Silver (they have many colors of silver including a few gunmetal variations-$8.00) and coated them with a 2 part clear coat ($28.00 with hardener). Total cost was less than $80.00. If I knew how, I'd post a pic.