IGNORED

3rd brake light options?

MEZZZ

So I finished my 3rd brake light and installed it today. Bright enought to easily be seen thru my 20% tint, Correct angle and works like a charm.

Dave

Dave, that looks great! Hey, you might even be able to tell your insurance you have a 3rd brake light too!:cool:

:beer:

Is that a one-off design, or are you planning to make a mold or something for suplication?

BTW- when I started looking around, I fund that the one on a Saturn Ion had the same angle to the window, but didn' think the $60 price was justified.

If I end up making more than 3, I'll build a template/mold out of wood to make sure they are consistant. Been using a lot of ABS lately, building the 3rd brake light, replaced the ash tray with an ABS switch holder that will be kinda "James Bond" style with the sliding lid covering the switches, Radio trim plates, etc, etc.

Dave

if you're interested, email me and let me know. And of coarse, shipping is included in the price.

Dave

Dave, definitely interested, I will send you a p.m.

I still need to get the diff. mount installed I got from you :)

Working 7 days a week lately blows! I will add this to my parts pile I have been collecting for installation at a later date.

Thanks

Same angle. I was thinking about making a few for $65 each. It'll come with double stick tape pre-applied, Enough wire to easily tuck into the panels, all the way down to the left brake light, 2 T-Taps for the brake and ground wire, and bullet connectors up near the light.

All you'll have to do is lay on your back, with your feet sticking out the hatch, line up the light to center and against the rubber seal, hold it there while you pull the tapes backing off and press into place. Then run the power wire to the left taillight and make the connections to the green wire on one of the top 2 bulbs and the black ground wire. Done.

if you're interested, email me and let me know. And of coarse, shipping is included in the price.

Dave

Man is in the business, btw did you get my PM?

Man is in the business, btw did you get my PM?

Yup, but I chose to ignore it, as there was 257 post's in the R/T mount group buy thread, and no where in any of those posts did it say that the mount came with the GM mount. I was selling the R/T mount and that's it. There was over 100 posts of where to buy the Bump stops and GM mounts, as they were not supplied with the R/T mount.

Great job! That has to be the most highly visable Z on the planet!

Aint no person with decent vision that can hit my Z from the rear and say "But officer, I couldn't see his brake lights" When I'm stopping, YOU'LL KNOW IT!

Dave, definitely interested, I will send you a p.m.

I still need to get the diff. mount installed I got from you :)

Working 7 days a week lately blows! I will add this to my parts pile I have been collecting for installation at a later date.

Thanks

I got a whole wall like that, loaded withcleaned and finished parts, waiting for paint and the paint job to be done. I'll check the PM.

Dave

• Like 1

These are for MEZZZ, am trying to explain the split loom for carrying the 3rd brake light wire to the defrost wire and into the overhead cover.

And I also threw in some of my dome light pics. They are Cold Cathode Tubes for a Computer case. (12volts DC and only 1/2 an amp of power consumption, next to nothing) By the way, the garage was Completely Black, the only lights in the garage were the cold cathode tube lights, 4 in all, 2 under the dash and you can see the other 2 on the overhead cover and hatch.

Dave

post-4921-14150809720924_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150809721367_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150809746177_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150809746633_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150809747058_thumb.jpg

And because I'm an idiot, I forgot that when you diode isolate the brake lights on each side, on earlier Z's, I came to realize that .......

1) when I apply the brakes, all 3 brake lights (L, R, and 3rd) light up beautifully.

2) When I apply the brakes and use the turn signals, The 3rd brake light and opposite side brake light stay solid, like a normal car.

BUT......

3) when I use the turn signal Without the brakes, The 3rd brake light flashes with that turn signal.

Not a Bad thing, just not what I expected. Kinda cool at the same time, as now everyone can see that I'm making a turn.

Dave

3) when I use the turn signal Without the brakes, The 3rd brake light flashes with that turn signal.
Which is why I ran a new wire to the rear for the brake lights on my car. Gives me a lot more options for rear lighting.