IGNORED

What about the Z432-R ?

zcar70

Hi DC871F,

I fly ANA(All Nippon Airways) , are you fly FEDEX?

Some Z-432R pictures, a simple support for the rear gate(Plexiglas rear hatch window is very light) , no master vac, engine under food, 100 littler gas tank,

typical interior with special ignition system, no- arm rest on the door panel, e.t.c.

kats

I fly for Kalitta Air, Cargo 747's

We stop in Japan out of Hong Kong for gas on the way to Anchorage.

Where are you domiciled?

Hi S30TRBO,

He is a very nice guy and I was surprised that 3 S20 engined cars were shipped to his garage at same time,what a wealthy man he is.

I was thinking selling my Zs to someone, I found him he would have be the man.

I offered him selling my Z432 and 240Z( and 1989 Silvia) but current exchange rate is bad for him, and I hesitated to selling my cars,so the deal was not made.

His Z432 is PS30-00037, a real 1969 Z432:)

kats

Kats,

I'm glad you didn't sell you Z's. I have been following your builds for years and it would have been a waste to see them go after all that. From what I have read on the other forum he seems like a nice guy and I wish I had 1/3 of his payroll to afford just one, three is a little greedy! ;)

I could only imagine however, there are some guys on Ebay that are trying to get $20K-$40K for C10, GC10, GC110. For a comparison, I paid $6K for my S46 4-door GC10 in Okinawa back in 1997. I guess today's dollar for what these "registered importers" are asking is fair?

If I could ask what is the going rate for a nice PS30, KPGC10 and KPGC110 compared to a S30, GC10 and GC110? Do you add $20K-$30K to add the P or KP code to the VIN?

Where does Tom reside anyway? Eastcoast, West coast.........

From his other pics they are plated in Utah.

How many Z432-Rs were built?

Depends who you trust, but the latest ( and therefore possibly the more accurate ) figure is 32.

There's also the question of whether you count some of the Works race cars - some of which may or may not have had accurate chassis numbers ( due to duplication, etc ).

Nissan needed to make 25 432Rs in order to homologate the 432R for the JAF Special GT class, so I think it's fair to say that at least 25 were made.

Alan T.

Thanks all for your kind comments on my Z432. I'm hoping to do all of the little things to get it ready to display, but I'm pretty new to the Z world, so it's tough going. It is a 69, and there are a bunch of non "early car" parts on it which don't really offend or affect driving ability, but I might as well look around to see if I can find the correct parts. I suspect I'll be tinkering with it for a while.

One thing which I am keeping original is the forward placed diff, which I can report provides a "factory original" high speed vibration, ha!

On to the subject matter at hand - of the records I've seen from private individuals, there are perhaps less than 100 Z432s with known whereabouts, and if memory serves, only 11 432-Rs known as surviving. That's not to say that there aren't more out there, lurking in the shadows waiting to be discovered - we can only hope!

As far as Z432-R pricing, I doubt a real one will ever hit the open market, so we'll probably never have the answer as to value. If it did, I would imagine you could expect to have to pay 30,000,000 yen depending on condition and pedigree, perhaps much more. As I learn more about the Z432-R (largely due to Alan's contributions), I see that these cars are quite unique. I could not see someone passing an s30 off as a Z432-R without having spent an enormous sum of money on making the necessary changes to the body. I admire Alan's efforts to put one together, and hopefully he'll bring it to Goodwood soon!

Alan/kats, I'd love to see your current list of unique attributes of the Z432-R. There are obvious ones like fuel tank, seats, and metal gauge thickness. How about sharing some lesser known differences? I believe you've mentioned that there are over 1000 (I think), so it may be too much to tackle all at once!

Edited by xs10shl

Thanks all for your kind comments on my Z432. I'm hoping to do all of the little things to get it ready to display, but I'm pretty new to the Z world, so it's tough going. It is a 69, and there are a bunch of non "early car" parts on it which don't really offend or affect driving ability, but I might as well look around to see if I can find the correct parts. I suspect I'll be tinkering with it for a while.

One thing which I am keeping original is the forward placed diff, which I can report provides a "factory original" high speed vibration, ha!

On to the subject matter at hand - of the records I've seen from private individuals, there are perhaps less than 100 Z432s with known whereabouts, and if memory serves, only 11 432-Rs known as surviving. That's not to say that there aren't more out there, lurking in the shadows waiting to be discovered - we can only hope!

Here I have few pictures of Z432-R. Each vehicle came with different equipment such as "Mach" wheel (Few different styles, but very expensive-$2000-4000USD ), front and rear bumper were even optional. No center console, no heater panel, no glovebox, no Air vents, no clock, door panels came with "straps" instead of armrests. Carbs came in verious types. different wheels size, diffeent suspension, no spare wheel compartment (flat trunk space with spare wheel holder at the top, etc.......

I can supply many Z432 or Z432R, NOS/reproduction parts, but some of them very hard.............

post-16910-14150809637808_thumb.jpg

post-16910-1415080963879_thumb.jpg

post-16910-1415080963954_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150809640137_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150809640735_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150809641563_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150809642159_thumb.jpg

post-16910-1415080964286_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
http://www.7tune.com/feature-the-fairlady-zed-432r/

As a continuation of this thread i've found pictures of a fully restored r432-r, OR a good replica, in Thailand of all places.

Did you read the comments on the 7tune article?

I don't belive that car is a genuine factory built PS30-SB Fairlady Z432-R.

In any case, it hasn't been 'restored', it has been customised.......

Looks to be a nice car- the shell appears to be an earlier shell from 1970 from the few tell-tale signs I know about, as suggested in the article. Unfortunate if it was billed as an R, but turns out to be a tribute. Really, theres no shame in having a Z432, or a nicley redone s30 made to look like an R, so long as its honestly represented, IMHO.

It looks to have some nice pieces , like a 100L fuel gauge. It would have been nice to see close-ups of some of the other rarities, like the oil cooler. Just asking, did the Rs come with finned differential housings?

Edited by xs10shl