IGNORED

Whats your Z plan for 2010?

stevef1972z

White 77 280-find a new and loving home.

Orange 72 240-finish the painting, find all new white interior, collect ooohs and awes

Gray 77 280ZT-finish engine detailing, get interior, drive fast.

The other 5, off to the bone yard.

In theory, all of these will be done simultaniously. To bad reality is such a bummer!

My main goal is front strut bearings and install new harness for lights, parking lights, and turnsignal connections from MSA (with a thanks to Dave for making a great correction for our cars:beer:). I've read all the reviews and this seems to be one of the best bangs for your buck. I'll be excited to drive her at night this driving season. Today, I'm getting her off of the tires to help reduce flat spots since she will not be moved until April or May along with the '29 Roadster.

I'll play.

I WANT to install the balanced F54 block I have from jmortensen, and mate it to the p79 head freshly worked by the best L series head builder I know of....drum roll.... the one and only BRAAP! I also want to send away the carbs I have for the Z Therapy regimen. Someday I will yank the 5 spd out of the parts ZX and stick it in the 71...

Reality: daughter #2 is due late March... Most likely won't have time/money/energy to do any of the above.

Well

Sincce I just started resto work in the summer of 09 that's what I plan to continue with (PROJECT 3/72) At the moment I'm still stripping the paint so I can get to all the cancer areas. I plan to do all the body work and have it ready for paint by Christmas 2010. The dry part of the year seems to yield the best results when applying paint. I am in ni hurry to finish as the projected date is when my oldest son goes to first grade. He is only 18 months old at the moment. So wish me luck!.

"Happiness isn't just around the corner, Happiness IS the corner!

2MUCHZ

From what I have read so far it seems that between all of us we have enough parts in boxes and shelves to build a couple of cars!

I used my Outlook Calander to set a reminder in June to repost and see if any of us are making any progress on the plans.

I forgot to add that I need to do new pads up front and replace the rubber breaklines and repack or possibly replace the front wheel bearings. No driving for me for a while, they have put down enough salt here to undo all the work I did last year, so it is time to mess with the little stuff if I can get the garage above freezing!

hope to have the z running by spring i was delayed getting new fuel lines by 3 months which stopped the projected date of the z running by late 11/09.so will have to wait till spring no heat in the garage. will be ordering alot of goodys with all the gift cert.any suggestions on exhaust systems from motorsport i want to keep it stock except for the tailpipe.thanks carl h

1974 260 (early) Last summer I did the rear strut cartridges, rear stabilizer bushings, front brake hoses, 280 radiator & shroud assm.

For the New Year, I've torn off the front end, just to fix 2 small rust spots at the hood hinges. Now it's progressed to removing the engine to paint the compartment, new strut cartridges, sealing all seams & rustproofing the rest of the body, strut & stabilizer bushings, new exhaust header, shifter bushings, electric cooling fan, oh hell, this is never gonna end. LOL

5/71 - Since last year I got the front half of the underside cleaned, the front suspension all cleaned and rebuilt, new bearings, new rotors, pads, brake hoses, I hope to have the rear half completed this year. Already have the rear suspension and differential out already. Replaced the rear bearings already. Have the new u-joints ready to install. A lot of cleaning of the underside to do. Actually, I hope to get real serious at getting all of my part done in the refresh then get her off to the body shop for their part as I would love to drive her this year.

2/71 - New upholstery, door sills, and maybe a repaint.

2010 is going to hopefully be a big year for my 76' Z.

Looking forward to getting the interior in the next few months; it's been stripped of it for a while and well sort of makes my car look "abandoned" as my parents describe it. This will include dynomat, carpet, dash cap, shift and e-brake boots, and seat upholstery (hopefully). Luckily I just got a pair of flawless interior quarter panels and seat bottoms(slightly different pattern than my seat) from a guy off craigslist on the cheap.

Also looking forward to getting the hideous body kit off and replace that with a air dam and bumpers. The current body kit was put on by a previous owner and not even for Z cars, sort of jerry-rigged to fit.

If money permits I'll probably get a complete stereo system and start beautifying the engine bay. Maybe do the Toyota brake upgrade (unvented) if my rims permit (14X5.5 westerns).

Hopefully by summer I'll make this car my daily driver and finally sell my POS '92 mercury cougar.

Exterior paint will hopefully come by 2011, maybe late 2010. Good luck everybody and happy new year.

Edit: Plus all Dave's upgrades

Edited by Z Tyler Z
Dave made me