IGNORED

My second Z

cygnusx1

Dave, we haven't seen the '72 yet, but we can't wait to. The way you are

progressing it won't be too long; just in time for spring events!! What a

technician, what a perfectionist! You can work on ours anytime.

What I'm concerned about is that TunedZ (silver) will get envious of RedZ

getting all the TLC and attention while she (silver) sits outside in the cold!

All Z Best,........................................Kathy & Rick

Thanks Kathy & Rick! I really appreciate the comments. I actually paid a visit to Silver Z in the shed this morning to pull the Panasport wheels out. Gave her a pat on the back for good measure. Silver Z has never met Red Z. I Don't think she suspected anything until she saw me pull the Panasports out of the shed. :paranoid: I hope she doesn't get too suspicious. Managing multiple relationships is tough. How am I going to keep the mistress a secret? :love: What will she say when she finds out I put her old engine into the new Mistress?

Stay tuned for this Springs episode of General HoZpital.

Edited by cygnusx1

• 3 weeks later...

Bravo! It was like watching my first child being born.

You sir have some serious DRIVE! If I may ask how did you paint your engine compartment? What did you use? THe match is uncanny good. I have a few spots I would like to spray, but I am worried it will look like a bad patch job.

Very nice work.

Bravo! It was like watching my first child being born.

You sir have some serious DRIVE! If I may ask how did you paint your engine compartment? What did you use? THe match is uncanny good. I have a few spots I would like to spray, but I am worried it will look like a bad patch job.

Very nice work.

I am flattered! The paint is simply a matched color can of paint from the web. It's not that I have a lot of drive, it's that I have been laid off since May of last year, and I am making the most of it. ;-)

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Fortunately, the previous owner knew the paint code! It was an easy pick off the shelf for a Ford Medium Merlot. Automotivetouchup.com gives you a nice can with an excellent nozzle. It's great for engine bay and touch up work. Not a substitute for a "real" paint job, but for 1000% less money, you get a 75%+ quality job. Just make sure you follow standard preparation routines for painting to get good results.

Edited by cygnusx1

• 3 months later...

So what do you guys think she's worth now? The car is fully exposed in the thread above. Only two things don't work. Windshield spray, and the clock needs a whack. She drives like a dream.

Edited by cygnusx1

• 9 months later...

It has been a while so I figure I would throw in some updated pics. The car has been an absolute blast to drive. The sound, the steering response, the handling...and on and on. I like it more every day. I ended up putting the Panasport wheels onto my turbo 76 car because of their strength for track use. I brought the Sportmax wheels over onto the 240Z and I really think they look better on the 240Z. The color of the car has grown on me and really doesn't get into it's "powerband" until the sun hits it.

1074106618_oW39Q-L.jpg

1245956210_iAAZB-L.jpg

999783634_jMPgc-L.jpg