IGNORED

24 months of intensive restoration, and I'm almost done.

blakt out

Love your car! I'm 45 and have had my Z since I was 16. First car first love so to speak. 73 240. Made it through high school / college / job search etc. She was stolen and partially stripped during my first job out of college in Oakland, CA. Salvage yard said I could sign her over and the tow / impound bill would be clean. I said F.O.

Anyway, long story short, I have finally started the ground up restoration. Is there any way you could get me information on the parts you have found?? I would pay $2,800 for a perfect dash. She is currently on the rotisserie getting sand blasted. Once I figure out how to post pics I will start my own thread if anyone is interested.

C

Love your car! I'm 45 and have had my Z since I was 16. First car first love so to speak. 73 240. Made it through high school / college / job search etc. She was stolen and partially stripped during my first job out of college in Oakland, CA. Salvage yard said I could sign her over and the tow / impound bill would be clean. I said F.O.

Anyway, long story short, I have finally started the ground up restoration. Is there any way you could get me information on the parts you have found?? I would pay $2,800 for a perfect dash. She is currently on the rotisserie getting sand blasted. Once I figure out how to post pics I will start my own thread if anyone is interested.

C

Awesome! That's such a cool story. PM me or email me at jcullop@vpi-advisors.com and I'll do anything I can to help you source parts.

To post pics, go to Flickr.com. Upload your pics. Then get the link below your pic that starts and ends "". Simply paste that img code into your post on here and voila!

Funny.

Your car is the best S30 build I've ever seen and that includes anything I've done. Great work.

I would like to second John's comments, just an absolutely stunning build of which you should be very proud.

My car is a frame up resto which I had done by Pierre-Z, for the most part, as my skills would not do it justice. I am contenting myself with doing all the little things to make it absolutely as original as the day I took delivery from the show room so I know how rewarding our projects are personally.

Congratulations

Dan

TWO WOWS.

Wow, John. Thank you so much for that kind word. I actually got hit AGAIN on another forum today about the ugliness of the slip joint in the exhaust. It's hard not to feel... odd... when I get that from people. Thanks much. Good timing.

Wow, Dan. That's amazing that you are restoring a car that you bought NEW. Fantastic!

Thank you both.

Jared

Yes Jared

A HUGE thumbs up on the resto. I too prefer the clean natural outside lines. I'm not much for the stick on body pieces. Like many other people salivating over your BAD arse rig, I too am restoring a 1972. I plan to keep mine carburetted 47mm OER triple side drafts. The old school look under the hood really appeals to me. Your machine will be a sleeper though. But I believe we can all tell by the dwelling in the background, you aren't strapped for cash. Please drive and look after her carefully. If you want to race, go where everyone else is racing "THE RACETRACK" not the street. You will have some challengers but do your best to resist the temptation to put them in their places. These cars are very nimble but don't offer much protection in the event of high speed impact. When you get it on the road take a long road trip in the early spring or early autumn. You will really appreciate the time, money, and effort spent. PEACE

2MUCHZ

I figure the complaints about the welding come from insecure punks who figure that the only way to make themselves sound knowledgeable is to bad mouth other people's rides, and the welding (which looks quite fine to me) is the only thing they can find to criticize. Ignore them. What you are building is a work of art - welding included.