IGNORED

Oregon or Bust!

Just a little snow LOL, debating getting snow chains to make it down to Denver but I think the snow on the roads will melt quick.

I am going to be preventative and have my differential looked at in Boulder, so it doesn't die on me. Car is running good though, little tough to start in the cold, but holding up well.

Glad the snow storm passed, time to get back on the road.

Frankie

post-19070-14150808778665_thumb.jpg

That's just a little dusting.

I shoveled the snow off the driveway this morning and it was still snowing. Even without the sun it was warm enough to keep the driveway clear. So yes, the roads should dry out good enough to get to denver.

Yeah, no need for chains.

Man, I made the trek from Montana on the 13th of October and made it to Portland with a fresh engine change... only 30 miles of sorting and headed out on the blacktop. I was fortunate to have good weather on my side and only had to fight 8 degree temps over the bigger passes. Snow moved in the day after I got here and Im sure in would have been a more eventful ride had I hit snow. I have never driven my Z in the snow and am in no great hurry to do so.... its bad enough in the rain. By the way if your comin out here I really hope you remembered your umbrella.

Good wishes for the rest of your journey!

Frank, be aware that it is also snowing in eastern Oregon, along hwy 84. I like others have said have not driven my 240 in the snow. Other than around the block for kicks. She doesn't like the stuff. LOL I do have a set of cable chains for my other car and it has the same size tires. You might pick up a set , just in case. Here in Oregon you are required to carry them and use them when they say that they are required. You will get a hefty fine without them. Remember you will be in the mountains and it can get Icy. If you have good tires you will do fine. Just don't get in a hurry in the white stuff.

Gary

Roads were good, made it to Denver. Little slick in spots. I did buy the chains though. Good to have at least. Long drive for the Dakotas about 8 hrs. Wyoming is beautiful, great drive, the mountains in the back ground. A little windy, kinda like sailin in the z :). I did have my first pull over today. :( 53 in a 40. Got off with a warning. So thats good. Well thats it for now.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Frankie

post-19070-14150808810969_thumb.jpg

Looks like decent weather coming up for the next 4-5 days here in Oregon (dry, highs around 60 in Eugene), so you may be past the worst of it.

If you end up in the Eugene-area once you arrive, send me a PM. Maybe we could meet for lunch or something.