IGNORED

Oregon or Bust!

This damn "Basic Car Parts," they have been givin me the run around as to where my tranny is for the last week. Don't ever use these guys. I ended up taken a bus to chicago, and holdin up fort till the part gets shipped. 11 hr bus ride!!!!

I found a junk yard on the way to minny, that has a 1983 280zx 5 spd, that im gonna grab if this tranny doesn't show up tuesday or wednesday. I only wish i would have found it earlier. Live and learn

So no good news yet fast woman, I'll keep you posted once i have some news

Frankie

Bummer about the transmission, I had the same thing happen to me and all it ended up taking was someone familiar with Z transmissions to pop the case, bang on one or two of the arms to free them up then back in the car, you may be able to recoup some of what you've spent on the replacement by selling the "busted" one.

If you're running SUs do you have an electric fuel pump? The reason I ask is I had problems with vapor lock at higher elevations in Yellowstone (7K feet and higher). I want to say it's a lower trip through Cheyenne, Rock Springs and Salt Lake than through Denver over to Grand Junction. It may not even be an issue since it's not really warm anymore but I do know less oxygen makes my carbs work harder.

Aw, Frankie, I'm sorry to hear about the delays. I hope you're at least having a good time in Chicago. I've passed through there a few times and never had time to stay. Looks like an interesting place.

Just out of curiosity, did you check out the resources in the little town whose name shall not be mentioned to see if there was anyone who could rebuild the transmission you already have? It might be a real mess, but then again, someone might be able to save it. My mom used to live in a similarly tiny town, but there was a good mechanic there who I think might have been up to the task. (Maybe you should have packed your transmission on the bus to Chicago. Ha!)

Anyway, good luck getting all this sorted out. Do keep us posted, including on the fun things you're doing in Chicago. You may not realize it, but you're living out a very interesting story -- at least from where we're all sitting. ;)

Peace,

Sarah

I have a mechanical fuel pump in it currently. I hadn't thought about the affect of the higher altitude on the carbs, but it makes sense.

I have left chicago, yesterday, picked up and dropped off the 280zx tranny to the shop. Now they just have to put it in. I was a little concerned with the crossmember as its different on the zx, but maybe the same mount to the tranny?? And a couple of other things were different. Hopefully it works out fine. I spent the night in a rental waitin for the shop to open the next day. The hotel was booked. In minneapolis now waiting for the shop to put it in.

On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again

Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway, goin my way, and my way is on the road again

Frankie

Bummer about the transmission, I had the same thing happen to me and all it ended up taking was someone familiar with Z transmissions to pop the case, bang on one or two of the arms to free them up then back in the car, you may be able to recoup some of what you've spent on the replacement by selling the "busted" one.

If you're running SUs do you have an electric fuel pump? The reason I ask is I had problems with vapor lock at higher elevations in Yellowstone (7K feet and higher). I want to say it's a lower trip through Cheyenne, Rock Springs and Salt Lake than through Denver over to Grand Junction. It may not even be an issue since it's not really warm anymore but I do know less oxygen makes my carbs work harder.

Hello it snowed in Denver today. this time of year heat will not be a problem. LOL