IGNORED

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

e-tek

damn must hurt ! I also regularly hurt myself LOL, 2 weeks ago I was drilling with a very small drill, and put to much pressure on it, it snapped, and guess what was there..my left hand thumb. It went to the bone and a piece of skin from my thumb up near the nail was off. Now it's healed again almost, but another scar for the collection :(

FINALLY.....onto some fun stuff!!

106_4215.JPG

Valve train looks to be in good shape -

106_4219.JPG

106_4220.JPG

The SU's where real sticky, so a rebuild will likely make a big difference -

106_4222.JPG

Tomorrow I'll tear down the bottom end and see if I need to pull the pistons. It ran well and had decent compression before going into storage, so if there's little carbon build up and the cylinder walls look smooth, I'll be leaving it as is and just giving it a "paint and gasket rebuild". I'll also smooth and match the manifolds.

106_4224.JPG

Edited by e-tek

Continued the tear down today....

106_4231.JPG

and found some sketchy leak repairs ;)

106_4228.JPG

but the cam looked pretty much perfect!

106_4230.JPG

Before taking the head off I made my own cam chain block to ensure I don't loose the timing -

106_4233.JPG

106_4234.JPG

The front corner had a leak repaired - the source of which was a break in the front portion of the head gasket -

With the head off, I could see that although the pistons had some carbon buildup, the cylinder walls were smooth as a baby's-y'know-what with very little ridge buildup -

106_4236.JPG

I measured the cylinders for wear and roundness and they came in nearly perfect, so I decided not to go at the bottom end and just do the gasket and paint rebuild. By sealing up the leaks and replacing all the wear parts, plus gasket-matching the manifolds and rebuilding the carbs, I think (Ok hope) it'll be perfect.

Time for the cleaning to begin!

106_4239.JPG