IGNORED

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

e-tek

Judging by the amount of fiberglass and filler....someone tried to turn it into a Corvette....

post-18557-14150821451973_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150821452277_thumb.jpg

Going back to all metal - but this time from the USA and properly prepped. Maybe it won't rust as fast.....

post-18557-14150821452493_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150821452713_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I saw this thread for the first time today, and I love the work that you are doing. I am currently a little behind (replacing firewall, sheet metal under battery tray, and engine bay rails, amongst other things)but basically trying to do the same. I am not a proffesional so it's nice to see it done the right way and try to mimick.

Where did you get your fender arches from? I know that some companies only sell fiberglass versions and that's not what I am looking for.

I actually got them from a member here, 240dkw (he posted above) who bought them but didn't use them. I had Googled them prior tho and they are available. Try the brand name TABCO. Good luck on your build - take photo's as it comes apart, then take your time with fitting, before welding it up and you should do OK.

Oh ya - lots more pics on my blog and website.

Edited by e-tek

Just checked out their site, looks like I'm in for the right side wheel arch, both rocker panels and maybe something else.

Thanks for the encouragement, I am taking pictures as I go along, maybe I'll start a build thread at some point.

How about starting a build thread now? Would love to see where you're at. I'm working on mine in between several other projects, so you could catch up in no time and we'll swap build stories as we go!

Follow the details of all my projects here: www.e-tekrestorations.blogspot.com !

Edited by e-tek

Nice work! Have you bought the inner fender as a replacement panel or did you fabricate one?

It was a replacement panel and although I may have enough equipment to fab them from scratch, the replacement panels are too inexpensive to bother.

• 1 month later...

Finally got a couple more hours in on my long-term Z project! When I cut the right quarter off I cut through the rear-end wiring harness. Got that all spliced together -

post-18557-14150822594282_thumb.jpg

Spent some time trimming the quarter panel getting it ready to weld in -

post-18557-14150822593195_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150822593735_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150822594053_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150822593509_thumb.jpg

I'm also working on a couple rods, one which will be going for paint soon. Hopefully then I'll have more time to get the metalwork completed!!

Finally got the quarter fitted, welded and ground.

106_3752.JPG

106_3758.JPG

I want to take it back to show-room stock condition, so no filling of the bumper recesses!

106_3760.JPG

I totally got ahead of myself on this quarter and still have to strip the gas vapour tank and hoses so I can get at the back side! I'll get that done tomorrow, then it just the left quarter and the major metal work is done.