IGNORED

Ztherapy excitement

Zedyone_kenobi

Just get ready to spend a lot of time freshening up everything under the hood.

the ZT carbs look SOOOO damn good, it'll make everything else look shabby by comparison.

big difference in idle and smoothness of engine, and my original carbs ran pretty well.

probably some of the best money i've spent on the Z

• 2 weeks later...

That was quick. I didn't realize they could do them that fast. I'll be sending mine off at some point. In the past I've resisted because I didn't want the car not drivable for a period of time but the sad reality is that I just haven't driven it in months anyhow.

I had a spare intake and carbs I used as a core. My current carbs which work pretty good are still on the car. I will take some vacuum readings and use my uni-syn on it before I remove them to see what difference these carbs make. Also, would like to know how off sync my current set of carbs are. Actually, I think they are pretty good. But to have a working baseline is always good to have.

Looks familiar! :cool:

Make sure before you install them that the small little fuel delivery hoses at the bottom of the carbs aren't kinked. One of mine must have gotten budged during shipping, so I had to take the clamp off and reposition it. The video and paperwork tells you all of this though. ;)

Is that what a polished intake manifold and balance tube are supposed to look like? Huh, I've been polishing mine and they're sort of looking like the attached, wonder what I'm doing wrong?? :) Honestly, your new carbs look amazing. I've been seriously considering sending my polished stuff off to Bruce for final assembly and tuning. I'm sure he will do a much better job then I ever could... I look forward to hearing about how your final installation turns out.

post-18081-14150808529283_thumb.jpg

post-18081-14150808529596_thumb.jpg

Yours are definitely more polished than mine buddy! Great job. I would highly recommend clear coating those to prevent tarnish after your done. So much work should be protected.

I think the word polish in Z therapy speak is more of a tumble - polish - clean. I think you have taken it to the extreme...I am sure Bruce has experimented with the best polish he can offer to his clients and still make money. Obviously he could not do what your doing to yours and charge so little.

Keep it up!!

Just to freshen up this topic, our carb pieces are run through a high impact machine polish which is designed to close up the cell structure of the aluminum replicating the finish when new. It is not our intention to change the look of the product by doing a chrome polish. We'll leave chrome polish to the owners.