IGNORED

Post Your Original Decal Pictures Here

Travel'n Man

These are what real OK inspection decals SHOULD look like. I have not seen an accurate reproduction yet that aligns the text under the "OK" on the left side, as it should be. Apparently that is a small detail to some. No matter what the sellers claim or where they are printed (like that somehow matters?) they all look like copies of the same bad reproduction. The earlier OK stickers (as found on 240Zs) seem to be wider than those on later cars (like the 280z or zx). The first two pictures are from one of my 11/69 cars. The third is from a 1972. The last two are from later cars, not sure of the years.

-Mike

post-9102-14150809245028_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150809245473_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150809245906_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150809246383_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150809246819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike B

How about a vendor hat can supply a lot of decals for your resto?

Norm in Vancouver seems to have quite a bit of good stuff and he is fairly priced...he also has ID plates and a ot of other stuff.

http://www.zeddsaver.com/decals.html

So does Mike: http://www.zzxdatsun.com/catDecals.php

He does add a word of caution on his site:

CAUTION - BEWARE

A number of internet sharks have purchased my decals and run them through a scanner. These low quality rip-offs are being offered on auction sites. Our repros began with a commission from Nissan. All of our reproductions had to pass their very stiff quality control.

They look great...I will say that I had some decals from Norm at Zeddsaver in Vancouver for my black '72. The aircleaner decals were spot on so i wouldn't hesitate to buy anything else from him. It's also easier when you live in Canada to deal in Canada to reduce cost, shipping etc.

• 10 months later...

i just received my shipment of a few decals from Mike at Banzai Motorworks. The quality is great.

Could somebody please post the placement of the following decals on a Series 1, built around December '70:

1) Air filter housing decals, set of 4 including the Large silver one with the schematic of the carbs, the Snorkel Tube Frost Control Valve decal, the Service Instruction decal and the Winter/Summer Flap decal.

2) Valve Cover - the P-2 valve cover decal

3) Dashboard - hazard switch on/off decal

Also, could someone take a picture their position of their Engine Compartment convenience light.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...