IGNORED

Lime Z

Tophu530

I own a 1972 240z and the color is #112, which is the lime green. I've heard the lime green color is slightly rare. is this true. I am also thinking of painting the car in the future and I like both the original color and a bright yellow color. Is it worth keeping the original color if it's rarer?

Chris, I don't know that I'd call it rare, but it is original. If your plans for the car include a significant number of modifications, go with what ever color you want. If you plan to keep it mostly stock, I'd stay with the factory color.

The other thing to consider is that doing a color change correctly requires stripping the car to a mostly bare shell, and adds considerable expense to the paint job. Staying with 112 may allow you to not have to paint the shell inside as well.

Where in Oregon do you live?

Yeah i'll probably keep in 112 then, but the thing is i'm not totally sure what the color is. I've seen a couple different ones with the lime green and some look different then others cause it was a repaint. Does anyone have a pic of what it would have looked like new in that color?

Thx a lot. those pics and the chart help a lot. How much do you think would it take to get a good paint job that would last for a significant time. Cause I need them to do everything including strip the old paint put primer and do everything.

Assuming no rust repair, you pull all the trim and glass out, no color change, and no work in the engine compartment but including door and hatch jambs, figure $3000-5000 for good (but not show) quality work. Add some extra for the replacement weatherstripping and other miscellaneous bits. This would be what I'd call a thorough refresh, not a restoration. I did mine last year.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30588

I'm going to pick my '72 Lime up today after a fresh coat of original color paint and whole lot of rust and bondo removal. My pocket books is lighter, but my car is shiny and rust free. At least I'll get a couple of weeks of sunshine to drive it.... I'll post some pics up soon.

DT