IGNORED

Finally ready for some paint!!!!!!!!!!!

madkaw

Carl,

I just couldn't decide on a silver that wowed me, so i went back to my original choice and the color of my first love(Z) and that is RED. I drove around with my son to the new car dealers and looked at colors the other day since my painter was telling me-PICK A COLOR DAMITT- and went to the Mazda dealership since I like their colors the best. I looked at the true red on the Miata and it just popped out at me-I love that color. It looks bright when the sun is in and even brighter when the sun is out. Sorry to the purists that I didn't use a Nissan color, but their red is boring. I am also going to try and make the paint pop even more by using a white sealer underneath, so hopefully it will really pop. A couple of pics, but hard to really see the color well. Also keep in mind that I have blacked out all the trim with powder coat Matte black. So there will be no chrome or SS on this car, except for the tail light trim-and I might change that to.

post-7622-14150807845384_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150807845703_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150807845902_thumb.jpg

Steve, that looks so beautiful!! It is certainly going to be more noticeable when the paint is done vs. silver. I was hoping to get mine next week but this week I have trying to track down all the missing nuts and bolts the body shop guy needs. He has promised pictures to come but you know how that goes. We have to get together when the cars are home and ooh and aahhh!!! :)

carl

Biddljj, what color are you going with? It is amazing the varieties out there. I always read about people having their car in the body shops for 6 months and sometimes even a year. I thought this could never happen to me! Its been since last September! Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Good luck with yours. We must all post pictures.

carl

Here are a few shots of mine after I soda blasted it. Metal work is complete, Lizard skin (Sound Deadening) is complete. Now its time for body work and paint.

Color will be 2009 Dodge Hemi Orange Pearl.

I can't wait..!!

post-18903-14150807846452_thumb.jpg

post-18903-14150807847057_thumb.jpg

post-18903-1415080784778_thumb.jpg

post-18903-14150807848357_thumb.jpg

Sorry to the purists that I didn't use a Nissan color, but their red is boring.
I don't think it's THAT bad, but I agree that other reds do have more pop. But on my period-correct survivor, stock 905 was the only way to go.

But up North of me, funz1z painted her Series 1 Ferarri Rosso Corsa (Racing Red). Definitely attracts attention. As will yours, Steve.

You can see the difference easily when they are parked side by side.

DSC_0890.jpg

I am going with a Crysler metalic dark blue...... I don't even want to think about the bondo from body shop number one (two years and too much money). I ground most of that off....

The last coat of primer actually has some gloss to it.... So I see if the body is straight...

Could be better but is plenty good.

Not just a Z - zdisease

Carl(clubvet),

aren't you up in Fishers? I'll be up there this week-end for my son's swim meet.

Arne, my first Z was Porsche guards red, which i loved and this Mazda color is similiar- and way expensive-ouch! My buddy(and painter) plans on putting a ton of clear on this thing, I hope I can "step" into this paint job it will be so deep.:cool:

E-ticket-that sounds like a great color for this car-good luck!

Arne, my first Z was Porsche guards red, which i loved and this Mazda color is similiar- and way expensive-ouch!
I hear you. Reds in general are way more money than other colors. Last year when I had mine done I seem to recall the painter saying $600 for enough to paint my little car....

600$ was probably just for color, then you have clear, primer , sealer, wipe clothes, reducers, fish eye reducers, sandpaper, buffing pads, rubbing compounds,...........................................................And people wonder why paint work is so expensive.

I don't think it's THAT bad, but I agree that other reds do have more pop. But on my period-correct survivor, stock 905 was the only way to go.

But up North of me, funz1z painted her Series 1 Ferarri Rosso Corsa (Racing Red). Definitely attracts attention. As will yours, Steve.

You can see the difference easily when they are parked side by side.

DSC_0890.jpg

What wheels are on your friends red car Arne?