IGNORED

ebay seller

Dan S

Hey all,

Has anyone had dealings with Reddat, I have heard good and what sounds to be bad comments on occasion.

thax Dan

Personally, I am not so happy. Last two items I ordered were billed as NOS parts (Wire clamps and rubber muffler hangers). Neither arrived in an NOS bag and neither item looked like my original. I have taken him off of my favorite sellers list and will no longer buy parts from him. Z-connection seems a bit better. Got the NOS bag with item from Z-connection.

reddat buys most of his stuff at a Nissan Dealer, but he constantly uses the word "Rare" and hides part numbers-meaning that ALL the NOS/OEM actual Datsun/NISSAN parts he is hiding the numbers on are ALL still available from the dealer, and he doesn't want the buyer to easily check.

Reddat also uses the Phrase, "This a must for your restoration" to help sell parts that have absolutely no business on a Datsun restoration-BMW parts for instance(a gas cap-that frequently needs some modification to work on a Z).

He plays games with abbreviations like "OEM" and "NOS"which he uses to describe the aforementioned BMW gas cap. True it is an NOS, and OEM part, but NOS and OEM to BMW, not OEM or NOS to Nissan. He seems to enjoy spreading confusion, and misinformation. Restoration means only one thing-put back as it once was-not a difficult concept to "get".

He also consistently avoids providing shipping charges, so that he can (and usually does) thump the buyers wallet with excessive shipping fees.

Speak of an example and here she is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240z-260z-280z-Gas-Cap-NOS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem5632bb1692QQitemZ370218309266QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

A New BMW part with no business on a restored Datsun!

Perfectly at home on a modified Datsun, but in the stock class where all restored datsuns belong, it'll lose you points everytime! Absolutely NOT a must for a restoration!

Will

Edited by hls30.com

I have sold George some items and he inturn relist them for more money....power to him if someone is willing to pay. I tried to lead him by example by not trump up shipping costs to him. I think many of the Ebay NOS/OEM parts are available from your local dealer if you have the part number, MSA and Classic Datsun sell same stuff.

Has anyone had dealings with Reddat, I have heard good and what sounds to be bad comments on occasion.

thax Dan

He buys aftermarket MSA Series1 center console for a double price not specifying "aftermarket" product. Also when I bought "Genuine NOS" inner shift boots for my over sea customer from him, it took him 3 weeks. It turned out that he ordered through Black Dragon (aftermarket) and took off the lables off the bags. Same thing happend to me when I bought "Genuine NOS" window molding (made by Black Dragon) .

Interesting thing about him is that he gave price adjustment(match Black dragon's cost) right away.

Always check with MSA. MSA is great!

Esprist

All I can say is S&H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, that would be my main beef with Reddat. It's been a couple of years since I bought anything from him basically because of his inflated shipping/handling costs and the fact that he didn't disclose the shipping cost until the auction was over. Don't know if he still does that because, like I said, I havent dealt with him in over two years.

I bought from him when I first started collecting parts for my refresh. Good service, and the parts were correct. However, I later found them available from MSA for less money, and less shipping. Still, I'm glad there's sellers out there to choose from...

Personally, I am not so happy. Last two items I ordered were billed as NOS parts (Wire clamps and rubber muffler hangers). Neither arrived in an NOS bag and neither item looked like my original. I have taken him off of my favorite sellers list and will no longer buy parts from him. Z-connection seems a bit better. Got the NOS bag with item from Z-connection.

I agree with you, Z-connection is a much better seller. If you buy multiple items from him, he will always combine the shipping to save on shipping costs. He's also very responsive, helpful and courteous in his e-mail communications. Unlike Reddat who is very short and rude in his e-mail communications.

As far as shipping is concerned with Reddat, don't even get me started... I sent him an e-mail about 3 or 4 years ago regarding a few BIN NOS 240z parts on Ebay and since he never lists shipping costs on his items, he refused to combine shipping and wanted a small fortune to ship a few small items from Texas to Colorado. After I told him that his shipping costs were extremely excessive, his reply was "Well, I need to make money somehow".

The bottom line with both Reddat and Z-connection is 99.9% of what they sell are brand new items. In that sense, they are both misrepresenting items as NOS (New OLD STOCK) when they are really just current stock items that anyone can buy directly from any Nissan dealer. I bought a few things from both several years ago and learned my lesson. Almost everything they list can be bought for much less from your local dealer, or a dealer that sells online (I buy all my new parts through nissanpartsnow.com now).

Reddat also misrepresents some aftermarket items as Nissan OEM. I bought a windshield gasket from him that his said was Nissan, and it turned out to be a Precision brand gasket removed from the bag. When I called him on it he did let me return it at least.

-Mike