IGNORED

Stainless Steel Bumpers for 240Z

geezer

From the ebay ad - "If the bumpers get dented or scratched they can be beaten back to shape and re-polished."

Reminds of an old SNL skit with a car made of clay called the Adobe. The guy gets in a fender bender, hops out of the car and molds it back into shape then drives off again LOL.

-Mike

Ron,

You make life too tough, drive a Z across the border with an old bumper in place, swap to the new one and drive home...

Will

PS originally, they were going to ship from South Korea, seriously less expensive, but there were country of origin issues, evidently they are shipping to the UK and then out to get around them.

Ron,

You make life too tough, drive a Z across the border with an old bumper in place, swap to the new one and drive home...

Yikes!!! Easy there...I don't want to end up on some kind of watch list where I get detained and interogated every time I cross. That "makes life too tough". I'd prefer to pay the few dollars more and leave the border guards to their more important duties.

Wow, Are the keepers to the gate to the Great White North that observant? What happens if you blow a tire and replace it on the wrong side of the gate? Driving out a wreck and back in a new car-bad, replacing a part and driving back home....hm

Will

Edited by hls30.com

Wow, Are the keepers to the gate to the Great White North that observant?

These days they are, no matter what direction your going. The amount of information at their fingertips is astounding. That includes reviewable video. I know people who suffer the consequences every trip after being labeled in the system. With my family being split between American and Canadian citizenship and living on both sides of the border, I won't do anything to jeopardize my freedom of movement. It's just the way it is today. As far as replacing tires blown out, replacing bumpers, etc., there is nothing to stop you from doing so, but you must answer all questions and the Customs Officer will determine if a secondary inspection is warranted. One question is always, "did you buy or recieve anything"? The penalties for any infraction is very stiff...why chance it?

Ha!Ha! That's one of the things we love about you Will. You are a problem solver extraordinaire through and through. Hmmn...basic black in the tradition of Snidely Wiplash...that's sure to go unnoticed by ol' Dudley.LOL

Seriously, that would work, but to me not worth the effort or risk.

Now that your diabolical plot has made it on to the interweb, there must be an all points bulletin posted at all border crossings, to be on the lookout for Zs pointed North with black bumpers. ROFL

Edited by geezer

Now that your diabolical plot has made it on to the interweb, there must be an all points bulletin posted at all border crossings, to be on the lookout for Zs pointed North with black bumpers. ROFL

ugh!! what's the world coming to?

After learning that you can still get rubber strips, I say just get your bumpers rechromed at a quality place, vs getting these things. Quality is the key word. My body shop refused to recommend anyone, as they think all chrome shops in FL are bad. Never having had it done before, I took their word, and called Les.

Import Tax.... Duty and Taxes????

What happened to free trade?....

FWIW,

Carl B.

It hides on playgrounds and comes out at lunch time where an apple pie is worth two milks, a chocolate milk and an apple, or a hall pass-if inflation hasn't hit there too!

Will

Import Tax.... Duty and Taxes????

What happened to free trade?....

FWIW,

Carl B.

I am not very well versed in the rulings of NAFTA, but it doesn't apply in this case anyways. The country of origin is not a signing member so import duties have to be paid, coming into the US or Canada. In Canada, the federally imposed GST also is unescapeable and PST depends on the province you reside in.

There is a valid reason these bumpers are being shipped from Vietnam to the UK and then on to the end customers around the world. I don't know any of the details but I do know that the "country of origin" status can be changed if the product is considered unfinished when entering the UK, then finishing work is done in the UK before being forwarded to the recipient countries. It must be worthwhile in order to get a more favourable duty rate.