IGNORED

Tribute Car on Ebay

bobc

Wow!!! Is it not possible to lower or remove the reserve after the auction begins? You would have to be crazy not to accept $15,300 for this car. The seller is either deluded or kicking himself right now. That's at least $5000 over what it's actually worth regardless of where you live, even more in some places. Based on this, I predict that we're going to see a rash of rust buckets turned BRE "replica" hit eBay in 3-6 months....

Ugh, Adam your killing me....

I hope we don't see a bunch of low end Z cars painted up as BRE replica's as the Brock's will not be happy, and I think it will hurt the history of the BRE cars.

$15,300 is a good number for that car. It's about $6k more than I think the car is worth. It is a relatively clean driver with a paint job.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I've seen this car many times. It looks good with the hood closed. But any engine swap kinda takes all the fun out of it for me. My car has the bre paint but with my own twist. Is that bad?

And as far as that trophy. That is a small show. and I think there were only a couple of mod 240's

Edited by datrod

Ugh, Adam your killing me....

I hope we don't see a bunch of low end Z cars painted up as BRE replica's as the Brock's will not be happy, and I think it will hurt the history of the BRE cars.

Sorry Ron, I know it's a painful thought and I hope I'm wrong. That said, I expect that any increased hype around the BRE look will drive up the price of a true and authorized replica so you win either way, assuming you care about the resale value. I know the Brock's won't be happy, but I'm not sure what can be done to prevent private individuals from painting their cars this way.

Adam,

Your right, nothing can be done. I just think if you are going to the time and expense, do it right. The Brocks want to help you do it right....what more can you ask for.

John, nothing wrong with your car, I like the look, and it is not intended as a direct copy or tribute.

:)

R

Edited by ron carter

This other car is similar to mine, and was sold from an area close to where I live, I had to field several questions from the uninformed, stating that the car for sale was not mine..Arg!

So I am a little more sensitive about this than I should be....

Edited by ron carter

A cam and some 3x2bbl carbs, a roll bar and some bolt on wheel flares (with those wider tires and wheels) would go a long way with your scheme. It would make the car less street friendly, but certainly more interesting and for what the car is (far more interesting than a mild street car) it would suit it well. Even if the owner kept the SU carbs with a mild cam and put some air horns on the carbs for display/ show/ cruising in good weather, it would definitely draw some more attention. It already has headers.

When I see bright colors and wild paint schemes, I'm almost immediately drawn to the hood latch and what lies beneath. I wouldn't go bonkers and put a saftey switch start and go 100% on the exhaust, fuel cell, etc. Just a few things to make the engine. It's a close representation of the body. The interior isn't right, but it goes with the scheme in a different way. Just a driver/ cruiser that turns heads!

I might also see what the car would look like with no rear bumper (albeit keep the bumper and send it with the car), shorter exhaust tips and some black tow/ tie down hooks in place of the bumper brackets. I also love how the headlamp nacelle clear lenses look on these cars and they are only $80-100 or so. It would totally complete the aero package that the car has for little money. Accompanied with some simple yellow tint halogen headlights would really set the car back to the vintage T/A and GT races, but keep it street legal.

I honestly think that he could get what he wants for this car easily, definitely more than the final bids with a few simple mods. I polished the cam cover on my car and for some reason, people now seem to think it's faster when they see what's under my crappy bondo filled hood. haha...

This car is so close to the complete look and feel of a BRE car, but it needs a few things to complete it.

Edited by DaveBonds