IGNORED

what is Nissan coming to??

DatsunZsRule

Me personally I think it's an eye sore. Sorry to you "Yung Market" people :) I'm the old school type and love a car with cool curves and lines like our Z's. That thing looks like a flipped over bath tub on wheels :laugh: But hey we all have different tasts :)

I think they can make a sharp sporty looking vehicle thats both Practical and affordable and turns heads (In a good way :) Like the looks I get driving my Z. Not the kinda look like "What in the hell is that hidious thing???")

Just voicing my personal opinion about it. If the "cube" is your kind of style, then more power to you :) It's sure not my cup of tea :D

Edited by DatsunZsRule

I find myself looking at Boxsters. Not especially pretty, but the handling....

I like the Boxsters too. I saw a nice red one sitting on a used car lot today....had to talk myself into not stopping and having a look. Already have too many toys....

As far as the Cube goes.....it's just Nissan trying to cash on in the Scion xB market. Personally, its not really my type of vehicle.

Notice that I didn't say anything about the Cube. I guess I was trying the 'if you can't say anything nice' routine. I will say that you couldn't give me on of those. But that goes for most of the 'modern' styled vehicles, Scion, Echo, Yaris, anything built by Chrysler, etc. Just not my style and never will be. That GTO is kind of a reach for me styling wise and if it wasn't for what's underneath that skin........

I drive a Ford. I drive it just about every day (except Thursdays when I don't drive a car at all.) So does everyone on my family, except my mom who has a Lincoln. Even my ancestors drove Fords- they even worked for Mr. Ford.

I happen to have an antique sportscar that is from Japan- the Japan that was before they ruined the American ecoonomy. I only drive that car a couple times a week. I will never buy a new Asian car, and I have sent many emails and a few letters to the domestic auto makers to start making or purchasing every last part from domestic producers.

thxZ

I don't think that I even want to get into this but... just how exactly did Japan ruin the American economy? *pushes soap box forward for you to stand on*

And BTW, a Lincoln is a Ford. They're a subsidiary.

Just like that cool volvo prototype that had all the small triangle windows in the A pillar. So that you could see through it while also retaining a metal structure to tie in to the hood for strength.

I remember reading all about how great it was. But it's not like they would ever do that on a production car.

The Prius has something similar on it's A-pillar. Because of the rake on the front windshield, there is a small triangular window at the base of the A-pillar.

IMHO Nissan would have been FAR better off bringing the BEVEL to market... with greatly enhanced performance.

http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=1E944926E14E3EC7FED681BF54818D70?mid=171&id=425

Carl, IMHO that car personifies FUGLY. Right up there in Aztek territory.

I recall seeing Nissan Cubes in Japan a couple of years ago. I wasn't very impressed at the time. There was a Nissan dealer at a car show our local club supported in Muncie this spring that had a Cube, and I was really impressed at the amount of room inside the car. From the inside it is very upright and roomy, like a 4 door pickup truck without the bed. (FWD however...)

It resembles a downsized Ford Flex, for about half the price. (Appropriate since it is half the size.)

I fear that I may have a new "ignore" person on the site soon...;)

(Steve knows who I mean. Sorry to say.)

I don't quite like the styling of the Cube but it seems new models always take a while to grow on me. Took one for a drive last week and was very impressed with the room in there. I could definately see taking it on a road trip! The Cube is based on the Sentra platform and drives and performs similiarly. I've heard that it will be going all electric in the very near future. Can't wait to drive that one!

Again, we are all different. If we all liked the same stuff this world would be a boring place :) Along with Nissan I'm also a big Mopar guy. Every mopar I've had has never left me stranded. Right now my everyday driver is a '05 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8. I just love it. Very sharp looking rig and It's just the right size (Not too small and underpowered, yet not over kill too big and fits in my garage nice. Perfect size truck for my needs and with the 5 speed automatic, it gets actually pretty good gas mileage for a V8 (About 20MPG on the highway.

I'll have to wait to truly chime in on the Cube since I've not seen one in person, but I will say the Kia Soul looks pretty sharp in person.

The one Nissan I wish would be sold here in the US is the Almera. Comfortable, sporty (in looks, to me anyway), practical, and spacious.

post-11908-14150807410196_thumb.jpg

All this talk about domestic vs. import is ridiculous.

Eventhough they began as "Asian" and "American" markets, they're now global juggernauts.

GM manufactures A LOT of its stuff in Mexico. Engines, brake components etc. (ask me how I know. My parents have owned SEVERAL brand new GM vehicles since 2000 and all have had the brakes FLAKE apart due to improper metal treating manufactured in Mexico. Of course out of warranty at 35,000kms.... Every - Single - Time. 35,000-45,000kms.

My father finally got sick of buying American pieces of Junk that are in the shop more than their driveway. Their 2002 Envoy they'd bought brand new was in every 3 weeks for something fairly serious.

GM's problem was quality control. Overpaid, underworked empoloyees who have a sense of entitlement. (And I have family members who worked there for years and laugh at how much of a joke it is.)

Anyway, it irks me to know end when people get that B.S. patriotic sentiment that "buying american" is somehow superior? Congrats, you're padding some CEO's wallet and funding overpaid employees while they sub the work out to chinese metal companies and Mexico.

Not to mention, part of GM's product line IS import. The Vibe was a Toyota, the Suzuki Swift was also used, etc.

GLOBAL. They're all GLOBAL. Honda has a HUGE plant right here in Ontario and my Gilrfriend's mom works for a company that manufactures Honda seats here in Ontario.

WOW Tom, Like clockwork, you chime in with some lame excuse for a post. The fun never ends with you, does it?

If you spent some time looking at other websites, you'd find that Nissan, Toyota and a few other "Asian" market cars are manufactured either in whole or in part right here in the "Good Ol' USA. And employ Thousands of people, nation wide.

Chrystler won't be able to claim that for too long, will they? I feel real sorry for those who have recently purchased from them, unknowing that they would be screwed in the future. Where the hell did the BILLIONS of Our dollars go, that they recieved to Bail themselves out?

FWIW

Dave