IGNORED

Weird Myths or Facts about your Z car

TomoHawk

I was at a car show the other day, and while resting inside the car I overheard a young dad telling his little boy some "facts" about my 280Z:

"This guy took off the 4-barel carb and put on the fuel injection stuff, so now it's slower than other cars, but better mileage for city driving. It also has the heavier city bumpers put on it, instead of the lighter ones they originally came with." LOL

Or how about,

"Why don't you bring your car over to my shop sometime, and we can re-chip your engine computer to get you 50 - 100 more HPs?"

"These cars used to be called Corvette-killers because they were that fast."

"Your car is illegal because it doesn't have the catalytic converter that ALL cars built after 1974 are required by law to have!"

"I thought it had a V-8. Why did you swap your engine for something less powerful?"

ROFL

anything else? At least people read the entry sign in the window to see that it was a Datsun...

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

The best one I heard were two early 20 somethings talking about the line up of Z's at a car show. One said to another, wow, those are cool! What are they? Reply, I don't know the name, but they were early Toyotas!

I was at the gas station two weeks ago. A father and two young children were heading back to a 1967 Camaro, As they passed my Z, one of the kids asked the father "What kind of car is that"? The father said, "Its a Mazda".

Goes to prove that not all car guys are car guys.

I heard my personal favorite at Amelia Island lingering around Carls Rally car.

Two older ladies walked up, one knew exactly what the car was and proceeded to tell the other all about her exploits in the passenger seat/hatch area of a very similar 240Z...obviously someone-er, the the car made an impression, her memory was from her last year of graduate school in 1970!

Will

Oh man. I hope you corrected the guy? I guess when people who don't actually own a Z reminisce, they like to sound like they still know everything about the way things were.
How can you 'correct' some of those notions? Those people are obviously working within their own logic. They can't be 'myths' because those seem to be singular incidents and obviously they can't be 'facts'......assumptions, outright fabrications, abject ignorance?...maybe. Edited by sblake01