Sign in to follow this  
TomoHawk

Weird Myths or Facts about your Z car

I wonder if conedodger has the license plate frame "My other car is a Porshe"

I got into a brief debate with a gal at a gas station over my white Z and whether or not it was a Porsche. I finally let her win by admitting it was a rare Northwest Edition Porsche 280 but to not tell anyone she had seen it as I didn't want the publicity.

We'll make those license plate frames read "My car is the other Porsche" LOL

It beats me WHY people would be so adamant about the S30 being a Porsche. Is there a Porsche model that would make people think that? I like to kid people and say it's a Ferrari (the Japanese export model) and people will smile and say, "Oh yeah, sure."

Edited by TomoHawk

We'll make those license plate frames read "My car is the other Porsche" LOL

It beats me WHY people would be so adamant about the S30 being a Porsche. Is there a Porsche model that would make people think that?

If you remember the 944 and 928 models from the 1980's then you can see some resemblance. (Most people don't look at car styling very closely)

Chris

they better get to the optometrist as soon as possible, or at least stop driving, if their sight is THAT bad.

post-2169-14150823591336_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1415082359109_thumb.jpg

I've never understood the Datsun- Porsche comparisons. My '87 RX-7 had a pretty strong resemblance to a 944 (pretty intentional I think), but the Datsuns look much more like a Ferrari (OK by me!).

Yeah, all the Z-history related TV shows, books, and videos I've seen relate to how the S30 design has majorinfluences from Ferrari 250 and 300/330 fastbacks, and the jaguar E-type. Even Matsuo-san mentioned it in his video interview.