IGNORED

Weird Myths or Facts about your Z car

TomoHawk

Ha, Never too late around here.

I'm in constant conversation with things like.

Fairlady vs. 240Z.

Fuel injection vs. Stock S.U.'s

YES!! This is the stock motor. No it's not a "straight 8" just an inline 6.

When they came out, when they stopped making the S30, the difference between 280Z vs 280ZX, difference in the models, etc, etc.

It's ok though. I LOVE talking about my Z!!

By the way. My car was saved from a Psycotic Ex-wife...... The told me "Look, I'll drop the price if you get it away from my house and my wife TODAY" Aparently, if she got the car in the divorce, she was gonna take it to the range and use it for target practice. She already hit EVERY panel with a Philips head screw driver.

3 times in the roof, from the inside of the car

2 on the hatch

1 on the hood

2 in each fender

1 in each door

and ran the screwdriver up the seam of the hatch and body.

Oh ya, she was a keeper. NOT.

Dave

My friend once took me to the junkyard by his house (about 25-30 miles away) claiming they had "about 8 or 10 Z's" just like mine and that they had not really been picked through! On the way there i was all excited about the possibilities. As it turned out, they were all 280zx's, although there was a 280z 2+2, that he didn't notice LOL.

My other favorites are the people that sell Z's that they have, claiming that they have a V-6 LOL. When i was looking for my Z i also noticed some selling them as a "z240" or "z260"etc...

Edited by Decoy12

Oddly, even used parts suppliers might sell a ____ for a 1982 280Z or somesuch. You would think they would know better, being in the business.

A bit less egregious, I'll often go to the parts store where they actually know me and know my car, and I'll ask them to look up a part for me, reminding them it's a '78 280Z. Half of the time, they'll enter a '78 Cheverolet Camaro Z28. :rolleyes:

The other day a woman my age saw my car and exclaimed, "Cool RX-7!" ;)

Edited by FastWoman

While at a Dairy Queen this summer with my 11 year old son I saw a guy about my age pointing at my car, obviously telling his teenage son something about the car. They approached the car and the two gave it a walk around, the father continuing to point things out. Finally, the two came to me and asked "what year RX-7 is this?"

I told them it was a '72 RX-7.

..."Look, I'll drop the price if you get it away from my house and my wife TODAY" Aparently, if she got the car in the divorce, she was gonna take it to the range and use it for target practice...

Someone give this man a Nobel peace prize!

Glad you saved the car from such treatment

She was one mean lady, hense the guy wanting a divorce. Really wish I had kept his info, I'd love to show him the Z now-a-days. If anything, just to let him know that she's a survivor and being treated with the upmost respect and buckets of love.

Even funnier would be for him to take a picture of it with him standing by it, to show his ex, via email or whatever. Think that would set her off?

I think it might. How would I go about contacting or finding info on a Previous Owner?

Seriously, I'd like to know.

Dave

She was one mean lady, hense the guy wanting a divorce. Really wish I had kept his info, I'd love to show him the Z now-a-days. If anything, just to let him know that she's a survivor and being treated with the upmost respect and buckets of love.

Even funnier would be for him to take a picture of it with him standing by it, to show his ex, via email or whatever. Think that would set her off?

I think it might. How would I go about contacting or finding info on a Previous Owner?

Seriously, I'd like to know.

Dave

That's easy now days if you have his full name, depending how common that name is you can get it down quite a bit. Current info is best but old phone numbers and addresses will get you right to him. First place to start is www.whitepages.com since it's free. If you can't find him their you can use one of the paid search sights to find him. Someone I knew tried to skip town, because he owed a lot of money and a little money to me, but what got me chasing him was when he took my chainsaw & equipment (my setup would cost about 3,500 to replace). I found him in Texas two weeks after he left I was at his door with the local sheriff getting my stuff, I had court papers sent to his house about the money, two days after that I had the cash he owed me and $500 extra for my time.