IGNORED

So... Whats your beer? ID's Checked at the door.

overdrivex

St Pauli Girl or Becks then I want to keep it light (relatively), Full Sail or Red Tail when I'm looking for an Amber, and Pyramid or prefereably Franziskahner Hefe Weizen when in the mood for a wheat beer. Corona or Pacifico with a lime when it's really hot out. Too hard to choose just one.

ive never been a big fan of lite beers. i cant taste anything when i drink them. i think all the spice and asian foods im use to have hardened my taste buds. LOL.you probably never see the foods i enjoy in a restaurant. and no Lassie or Garfield is not on my menu of things i eat. but food a whole nother thread. but if i want something "lite" i usually go with medello heck even schinner bock feels like lite beer to me. when im at the asain market i usually grab any random asian beer i see. i recently got into drinking guinness drought in a can. reminds me alot of guinness on tap. i got a hold of some divine beer. divine six if i remember right pretty expensive for a six pack pretty good but not 16 bux good though.

If i'm out to get drunk with some pals? Coors Light (gotta keep the budget in mind :) )

If i'm enjoying a beer on a hot summer day, Corona with a lime.

Other than that I can't say i'm really all that picky on my choice of beers. The only one I ever truly hated was a tall dark glass of Guiness served at room temperature. Apparently that's "normal"?

Maybe I should change my screen name to something with 'redneck' in it, as I favor Natural Lite, Busch, and Coors Lite. Out at my favorite wing place, it's Landshark. Used to go strictly with Red Dog, but they don't make it anymore. What's the worst beer y'all ever had? Two come to mind with me. Rheingold Extra Dry from the roach-infested taps at the old Shea Stadium in N.Y., and a rain-diluted St. Pauli Girl at the track in Lime Rock, Conn. The memories linger after almost 40 yrs.

I reacall a beer called Schaeffer (sp?) that was pretty bad. My girlfriend at the time bought it. The store was out of Stroh's and the clerk talked her into it because it was made by the same company IIRC.

Never had beer. What's a good starter? (no, I didn't just turn 21)

its hard to say. it really depends on your taste buds. heineken was my first beer. but remy & coke was my first alcoholic drink i had. id recomend starting off with something like dosecce(sp?) the beer with the XXX with a lime wedge in it. if you like spices (not spicy but spice, ginger, Cinnamon, etc...) try some of the season blends from sam adams. if your kind of a tart person shiner hoiffwizzen or something like that or bluemoon in glass /w 1/4 oj .

Edited by overdrivex

Never had beer. What's a good starter? (no, I didn't just turn 21)

I have had three beers in my life-all different-and was so impressed by their acquired taste that it took me years to try again...though it has been 10 years since my last. I passed 21 more than 21 years ago...

Everything I listed is root beer!

Will

Maybe I should change my screen name to something with 'redneck' in it, as I favor Natural Lite, Busch, and Coors Lite. Out at my favorite wing place, it's Landshark. Used to go strictly with Red Dog, but they don't make it anymore. What's the worst beer y'all ever had? Two come to mind with me. Rheingold Extra Dry from the roach-infested taps at the old Shea Stadium in N.Y., and a rain-diluted St. Pauli Girl at the track in Lime Rock, Conn. The memories linger after almost 40 yrs.

Your avatar is from Kirin Ichiban which happens to be one of my favorites as well.

Maybe I should change my screen name to something with 'redneck' in it, as I favor Natural Lite, Busch, and Coors Lite. .

While visiting Denver I went out of town to the Coors brewery. You could REALLY taste a difference. Think I could have just parked myself under the tap. Thats the only way I could consume mass quantities of Coors. It does change with age and shipping despite their attempts to keep it cold.

My worst beer experience was a "green" budweiser in a can. Not "green" as in St Patties day greeen but green as in rolled under the counter for a year then got put back in the cooler. When I drank it my taste buds were numbed by the few I had prior. I was sick and couldn't eat for days!

2c

Edited by JimmyZ

The only one I ever truly hated was a tall dark glass of Guiness served at room temperature. Apparently that's "normal"?

No, that's not normal. Somewhere along the way many Americans started saying Guinness (with 2 n's) should be served room temp... according to the wonderful folks at St James Gate Dublin, Ireland where the beautiful dark ruby beverage is brewed it should be served cold. Attached is a pic of me at the 7th floor "Gravity Bar" at the Guinness Storehouse and museum... that's downtown Dublin through the windows. I made my pilgrimage back in the summer of '06. That's the second pint and it was as delicious as the first! Notice the condensation/fog on the glass.

A good first beer... I recommend a lighter flavored beer and enjoy it with a complimenting food. ie: Miller Lite with burgers or Corona with -insert your favorite Mexican food here-. I also recommend starting with lagers then moving to ales and eventually into porters... like Guinness. Damn it... now I have to go get some Guinness.

By the way... if you like Guinness you'll LOVE Beamish!:beer:

post-2476-1415080727055_thumb.jpg

Edited by CoastGuardZ