Sign in to follow this  
MikeW

Nice RC model

They are nice looking but pretty expensive. I have seen these on ebay for about 200 dollars. Thats without the motor, receiver, servos, etc. You have to be pretty serious to drop that kind of money. I've also seen a BRE model by a different maker that looks pretty sweet as well.

That's pretty cool. I used to race 12th scale electrics and easily had $500 in my car. 25 years ago.

Steve

It's interesting that the RC model Mike linked to in the first post has the ARE LeMans Wheels and yet the BRE edition doesn't. It has ARE Libre wheels, which are not correct for the car.

-Mike

I can't really comment on the quality of the RC chassis itself; my buddy, who's serious about RC racing, claimed that it's more of an entry level car. I just thought that the body itself was nicely detailed and realistic. The BRE car also looks very nice.

I didn't know Zs were 4-wheel drive.... so it's really not a scale model.

The body clips really stick out, and it's too bad you can't use something that look like hood safety clips instead.

I might get it if it was 2-wheel drive and had a 280Z body

Edited by TomoHawk

Looks pretty darn nice to me!

Will have to see if I can see one in-person...

I have a 914 that is painted to match my real 914 right down to my reserved autocross #'s and my sponsor windshield banner. I suppose I have a couple hundred in just that body. Can be expensive for sure... Not that the real sport isn't! I just blew a $15K engine on Saturday at Infinion. Catastrophic block breaking boom!

I am starting to wonder about getting one of these because it is a 4-wheel-drive model, but more because the LHS frankly can't get any.

Very cool-thanks to you and your friend Mike!

Will

If there were a few of these cars in a club or owned by people at a car show (like Zcon '09?) what, if anything, would you do with them? From personal eperience, they seem to need a good bit of room to go (about 1/2 a tennis court.)

If there were a few of these cars in a club or owned by people at a car show (like Zcon '09?) what, if anything, would you do with them? From personal eperience, they seem to need a good bit of room to go (about 1/2 a tennis court.)

Small Scale Autocross!

I know that Pete is working with ABC to produce an ARE Le Mans Wheel for the BRE Z.

ABC did a lot of research spending hours photographing my replica. The kit that they offer (both the BRE 510 and the 240Z) are first class.

what are your replicas? please share it here! and those first class kits.

You can learn about his replica by clicking any of the 3 links in his sig. You can't miss it.

I picked one up a couple weeks ago, super detailed.

I put in a 3.5 turn brushless motor, does about 55mph and needs much more than a tennis court :)

Not sure if I am going to do anything with this or keep it for static display. I also bought an E-flite CX3 helicopter that I absolutely love!!!!

I picked one up a couple weeks ago, I put in a 3.5 turn brushless motor, does about 55mph and needs much more than a tennis court
For something like scale autocross, you couldn't get it going fast enough to need that much room. You'd be going at a manageable, maneuvering speed instead.

At the rate that I am going, I'd be better off building a scale model of my 72 240z.

Even Tamiya 1/12 scale models are hard to come by.

At the rate that I am going, I'd be better off building a scale model of my 72 240z.

Even Tamiya 1/12 scale models are hard to come by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHgqLGsLbFc&feature=related

Check it out. This is part 5 of a 6 part series. Damn!! The detail is amazing. This could have been posted somewhere else but I have never thought to look for it.............it's all in Japanese but I watched all 6 series just to see the detail................

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/TAMIYA-1-12-DATSUN-240Z-SAFARI-CAR-MODEL-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ260378855746

These are not cheap either!!

Edited by Travel'n Man
addition