IGNORED

Buying my first z today!!

'77az280z

Oh snap! Sheet mon...dat honkey tweaker sweeper need to go for shizzle you know? Aint no sense in lettin' dat big ol' tang ruin da greel mon. Time to break dat biatch off an let her smeel show to da wurl mon. Are ya diggin me rap yo?

Sorry........I couldn't resist a chance to practice my jive. ;)LOL

Seriously though, welcome to the site.

Congrats on becoming a Z owner! My advice is to drive the car for awhile before worrying too much about mods, etc. Once you get a feel for her, then, as mentioned, develop a prioritized list of must-do's and nice-to-do's and work or get the work done at a leisurely pace so you can continue to enjoy the ride :)

Edited by DougN

Hahahaha your jive? That was hilarious i was cracken up. Yeah my buddy is going to school to be a mechanic but hes been working on cars all his life. Hes taking it in to check it out and see if there are any other problems with it. I cant lock the hatch in the back though hahahaha im too scared to break my key off in it.

Yeah my buddy is going to school to be a mechanic but hes been working on cars all his life.....
Does he have experience with Datsuns? Especially the mid 70s to early 80s fuel injection system? I've seen these cars trip up seasoned mechanics.

i havent cut my hair in 2mnths cause i have a choice. go spend a total of an hr to get a hair cut or spend an extra hr working on the z. guess who wins all the time :D.

overdrivex,

judging by your avatar image.php?u=16714&dateline=1238641474 I'd say that it's been more than two months since your last haircut.

Hahahaha nice Twsutt. As far as my mechanic friend i dont think he does' date=' but he loves Z cars and owns a '88 300ZX so hopefully he wont get tripped up LOL.[/quote']Not the same at all. By then, Nissan had their own system which was more modern, somewhat like the present day stuff and much easier to understand. The old stuff was a copy and later an adaptation of a copy of a German system.

Ohhh i see i see, well damn... I really hope he can do it then LOL. He also has a whole bunch of people in the shop with him so maybe someone there knows about old Z cars LOL. As far as the green goes yeah its awesome just needs to get repainted. The interior is ****ed up, the previous owner WELDED 300zx seats into it which i need to take a grinder and cut them out, then find seats that can bolt in there. The dash is in rough shape and the console is banged up, the guy cut holes into the dash on either side of where the head unit for the stereo goes which is annoying but itll be replaced.

Ohhh i see i see' date=' well damn... I really hope he can do it then LOL. He also has a whole bunch of people in the shop with him so maybe someone there knows about old Z cars. [/quote'] Is anybody in the shop 40+ years old?