Sign in to follow this  
john mcgarvie

zs everywhere

I don't know if it is just because i own a Z know. That I'm noticing them but i took a drive today and i saw 2 different Zs one in goose creek that one was green and if any one one here belongs to that car let me know.And a light blue one that has a temporary tag on it just like 3 houses down by summerville high school.Also i went to every junk yard in the area and no one has a 240z for parts.

Yea, I've noticed that as well. I've always loved Z cars and have kept my eyes open when out and about. but it wasn't until I owned one that I started seeing them EVERYWHERE! I have only had my car since March 24th but since then I have seen at LEAST 3 or 4 different Z's a day. I just saw one of the best looking Z's I had ever seen just the other day. It was Teal with Black rims and had a San Jose Sharks sticker on the driverside rear window.

Sorry to thread jack, you post just reminded me.

It's about that time of year when everyone wants to get back on the road for sure. I think that the economy has caused a lot of these cars to come into the market from people who have been reluctant to sell previously. I know that is how I bought mine last year, the east coast is harder to find a good Z to start with, and with that comes a higher price tag. I waited until I found an owner who needed to sell a good car and I was ready when he put in out there, I figure that it helped us both out in the end.

My dog... my Z... and someone else's jet that I get paid to fly, all of my favorite things...

i drive for a living (truck driver)here locally in San Diego, And I Dont see any Zcars on the freeway anymore

ive only seen 1 on tues. and it was a 280Z all Ratted out and rusted .....damn shame too

My wife has fun driving along and screaming DATSUN!!! indiscriminately (whether or not one is present) and then delighting in the near whiplash it invariably induces in me...

Not many Datsuns roaming around up here...

Kind of makes us special...

Awww....

My wife has fun driving along and screaming DATSUN!!! indiscriminately (whether or not one is present) and then delighting in the near whiplash it invariably induces in me...

Not many Datsuns roaming around up here...

Kind of makes us special...

Awww....

That's a cruel woman you have there.....AARRRRR, 30 lashes to the winch! LOL

I'm going into my 2nd year driving my 240, and I have not passed (or seen) a single 70 - 78 Z car on the road yet. Occasionally a 280ZX and plenty of 300's and 350's. I know there are some, I'm a member of Z Car Club of New England (last count 30 members), but Z's sure are few and far between up here in snow country.

Life in New England I guess. But it does make our Z's feel a lot more special.

Ya Micheal - thats a mean trick. Kinda funny though. Kind of like the "pretend you throw the ball trick" with a dog.

As to Zs around here - Seeing one, it's enough to make a guy pull off the road to be sure of what it is. I had a guy follow me one time for several blocks into a Blockbuster video lot to see the car - he was very excited, told me his memories of Zs in his youth and about a ZX he was restoring - gave me his address and phone number on a peice of cardboard along with locations of a couple of parts cars. Was kind of a nice meeting (and mildly frightening).

Anyway Very rare here possibly 10 in the province from Z to 300ZX. Only seen two others on the road in four years since I started driving mine - both 280s.

*Not including 350s

Edited by Sailor Bob
Details

It is funny how pulling out your Z atracts more Z's... Last fall I went for an extended drive through the country and all of a sudden I saw flashing head lights in my rear view. First thought.... Im getting pulled over..... it's not a police car.... oh no- whats falling off!!! Turns out its another Z owner wanting to meet. Scared the #$%* out of me at first, but all was forgiven when I was given the locations of all his known parts donors.

Yeah, it's the same way here in Minnesota as well. Not many classic 1st gen. Z's around. I have to laugh at these people here when they see me on the road because the majority of them don't even know what the hell kind of car it is and they look out there car window at me as either I go by or they go by with there jaws dropped like WOW, what kind of car is that??? ROFL One time I was sitting at a stop light and some guy pulled up next to me on my drivers side and he had his girfriend or wife yell out the window to me "Hey what kind of car is that? right as she was saying that I was pulling away because the light turned green. (For me to know and for you to find out) :devious::devious:

Well I moved back to Illinois almost 5 years ago, and in that time I've seen exactly three S30s (not counting mine). Quite a few Z31s and Z32s and of course 350s....but the really old Zs are hard to come by.

I find this to be true of any car you own. I think your mind is pre-disposed to notice the shapes that you are familiar with. When I first got my 4runner, I could't believe how many I saw on the road. I know there are lots of these out there, but I never really noticed how many until I had one. Same for the beamer, and now for the Z. I see a Z every couple of weeks or so here in the Bay Area.

Here in metro Detoit, I have seen maybe three S30 Z cars on the road since moving here 15 years ago. What does surprise me is that when we have a Nissan/Infiniti show, several S30s always show up that I had never seen before. The cars are out there, but we don't have that much nice weather or good enough roads for people to put lots of miles on their cars.

Mike I agree not a lot of Zs left here in Illinois, I see a few ZXs and lots of the 300s + but not many early cars, I think like mine a lot of them just rusted away.

Mike I agree not a lot of Zs left here in Illinois, I see a few ZXs and lots of the 300s + but not many early cars, I think like mine a lot of them just rusted away.

I agree that alot of them just rusted away. I think Jeff has a good point too, that people just don't drive them too much. I know theres an older lady in town that has a '72, and I've seen it exactly one time, and she lives just 4-5 blocks from me. I'm sure there alot of pople in town who have no idea my Z exists because I drive her so infrequently, and when I do, its out in the country as opposed to through town.

I drove mine to work quiet a bit last summer before finding some problems I am working on. Drove it through some of the worst traffic in the area. Nearly caused a few wrecks with people checking the car out and trying to figure out what it is! Here in the St Louis metro area there arent too many, most of them are across the river, and apparently Zs are hydrophobic and get freaked with all the water in the Mississippi when crossing the bridge!!!

Here in Oregon, it's not unusual for me to see S30s several times per week, even in the winter. I had some wheels changed at a local tire shop a couple of weeks ago, they told me that mine was the second 240Z they'd had in that day. Not as common as Hondas around here, but not rare, either.

When I had mine out last week end I passed six s30's. Some really nice and some I wondered if they would make to there destination. I not sure about them being afraid of water since it rains occasionally in the northwest. Like Arne said they are not that rare out here.l There are eight S 30's for sale on Craig's list this afternoon.

My car is going to be a daily driver. It will be my truck back and from work because i have to. It would be pretty hard to put a 40 foot ladder on my 240 but as soon as I'm off work **** that truck.Grocery store wall mart out of state you name it it will be in the z. The only problem no room for the kids ROFL that is too bad guess i will just have to git a baby sitter.LOL