IGNORED

My new 240k Hardtop

Laggy6

Yeah see I love the flared guards, personal taste huh. :)

Oh, of course, you're right...I just think, aside form erasing the styling cues around the rear arch, it's a shame it destroys the bodywork too, as it's hard to reverse if you're not a fan. How many Capri owners are regretting cutting out the 'hockey stick' and flaring their guards? Now that original un-molested cars are getting $30k+, just about all of them.

Blue on blue was the coolest colour scheme on the planet too, IMO. :D However, just looking at your build thread it's hard to believe anything you end up with is going to look anything but brilliant Adam...well done man.

Thanks mate, I certianly hope so! Yeah I head what you're saying, once you cut, it's cut. But then anything can be fixed. Blue on blue haha, you're a classic man hey! It's not my cup of tea but I hear you.

I'm dead keen to see some more pictures of Laggy6's car. Looks like the lights etc are in from his avatar.

Blue on blue haha, you're a classic man hey!

Absolutely! :laugh:

Sorry, last threadjack.

Loving your work Laggy, this car is turning into a work of art!:cool: A couple of you guys are really giving these cars the treatment they deserve...I still remember the days when every one on the road was rusted out, belching smoke, sporting a towbar and had rooted rear suspension, really belied what a great looking car they are.

Bit of a update - I machined the rough cast finish off the alloy bearing carriers for the diff centre and gave them a little polish.

lathenstuff.jpg

polishedbits.jpg

And i'm slowly putting every nut, bolt, washer, bracket etc. that was zink plated from factory into this tub ready to be redone.

replating.jpg

Edited by Laggy6

Degruch - Those adverts are cool but it's lacking Flares, lowness and watanabe's ;)

Adz - I was the same as you, should i pull them apart and re plate them or get new ones. In the end I chose new ones from YJ because they required less effort haha.

Sandblasting door Hinges-

hinges.jpg