IGNORED

My new 240k Hardtop

Laggy6

Is that you leavng the Hunt Nigel ?

No,

but one of the first things, (besides moving my running gear), will be to do flares, and wide wheels..

but that would come back to getting a coupe, getting flares, and finding wide watanabe clones.(superlite), with dish not offset

Nigel

• 1 month later...

HOLLY SMOKES!!!

where on earth...adelaide rather did you find this??

HI everyone i'm new here aswell... =) and a k owner from Adelaide.

How many do you think we have here in south oz?????

mega score!!! why soooooooooo cheap........??

Hi5!

Hi Lenny, i picked it up from a deceased estate auction here in Adelaide.

Is your K a 2 or 4 door and what sort of condition is it in?

I'm not sure how many are around but you don't see them on the road anymore, i cant remember the last time i spotted a hardtop driving on the road.

Hey Laggy!

deceased estate...that would explain it..... absolute bargain matey! If only i had known...i'd surely have out bidded you LOL

Ur's in that condition is atleast 5-6k at a minimum! Absolute minter.

Mine is exactly like yours but a 73model. Straight as an arrow and only one spot of rust on the bottom left front guard. I'm needing a new paint job though, it's original but very faded.

Last time i saw one was 1988 and that was my old man'd mate.

ps why do u call it a hardtop? I know some had vinyl roof linings but they're still solid.

If the quarter side glass rolls down, it's a hardtop. The reference comes from the top being rigid enough to support the glass and center framing structure of the unibody chassis without any solid pillars through the door and quarter window opennings, with or without any kind of vinyl trim.

If the car is a 2 door with fixed or pop out quarter side glass (a pillar in place), it is technically a coupe.

Very clean car!

• 3 months later...

I washed the 240 and took it for a drive to the beach today but didn't hang around long in case the sea air made it fall apart ;) i did get a couple of half decent pics though.

There are no crappy Commodores spoiling the pics this time. :cool:

IMG_117front.jpg

IMG_11681024.jpg

IMG_1172800.jpg

i should really put the indicators on the proper way one day.

Edited by Laggy6