IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

This is a postcard of the same car as in post #73 but has some different graphics. Was this photo taken before or after post #73? The back states, "Test drive A DATSUN CHAMPION." below that, "Pictured is The New York Metropolitan DATSUN Dealers 610." Lower left corner is 135648. The publisher appears (to me) to be Dexter Press from Dexter, New York.

Bonzi Lon

post-11300-14150810108483_thumb.jpg

Found another... Not sure if the car is real or replica though...

Thanks Rob, very cool, that looks like the real deal, I'd like to know what venue/date it was taken, we can probably dig up some race results. The Frisselle car is in the background too.

• 1 month later...

This picture is from last weekend at Blackhawk Farms in Northern Illinois. A guy from Chicago who owns this vintage racer went out for his maiden voyage in it. He titled this shot "First pics of the Datsuns that blew my doors off". Not sure who the Datsuns belong to. Phil is that you in one of them?

post-16545-14150810714571_thumb.jpg

This picture is from last weekend at Blackhawk Farms in Northern Illinois. A guy from Chicago who owns this vintage racer went out for his maiden voyage in it. He titled this shot "First pics of the Datsuns that blew my doors off". Not sure who the Datsuns belong to. Phil is that you in one of them?

That was our (Midwest Council's) first event of the year and no, I wasn't there. The red Z is Joe Ziltener's, he runs triple SU's on a homemade manifold. Greyghost has a few engine bay pics of the car in his gallery here.

The black Z is Mark Atkinson's, he posts here occasionally as Kronoss. Mark won the race after Joe made a mistake and went off in 7. I'm very happy for Mark, he's had nothing but problems with the car up until now.

Bill Oakes was also there with the ex-mountain motorsports ITS car that he's owned for the last 3 or 4 years, with one of my transmissions in it no less!

Here's the race start: