IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

1 hour ago, black gold man said:

That looks very much like the factory prepared works car that was driven to the Australian Rally Championship by Ross Dunkerton in the early 1970s.  Also would this have been a service point on the Southern Cross Rally?   

1 hour ago, chris b said:

That looks very much like the factory prepared works car that was driven to the Australian Rally Championship by Ross Dunkerton in the early 1970s.  Also would this have been a service point on the Southern Cross Rally?   

I just did a search on the ex Datsun factory works cars that came to Australia.  There are many theories and opinions as to which car Ross competed in when he won the 1976 ARC.   The attraction of this photo is that in the 1970's  I was a spectator at many rallies in Western Australia where very well developed (for that time) Zeds were competitive and regular winners.  The legacy is that 40 years later I can finally get to drive one myself.

Apparently the photo is of the Hermann car in the Dulux Rally (1973?).  

Glad you like the photo Chris B.

A few years ago I looked at a Capri  I wish I bought it.

When I showed up to look I opened the hood first and fumes of either were thick.

The guy sprayed the air filter wet before my arrival I did not like that and got out of there.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...