IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

A photo by Paul Woodbury and what he said about it. "This is the Camel GT pace car in 1986 at Road Atlanta. I was attending the SCCA Runoffs and walked around the back of a maintenance building and there it was. It was sitting in the red clay without any wheels. A sad sight to see for sure." It was restored and painted in BSR colors for vintage racing and recently restored to the pace car livery and is now owned by Adam Carolla.

post-1154-14150822407354_thumb.jpg

Was at Paul Russell's shop this afternoon and saw the 1947 two seater Spider Corsa being rebuilt and a 1956 Testa Rossa being taken apart so that it can be rebuilt to 1956 Le Mons race specs. A similar car sold in 2010 for $16MM. The 1947 was the first Ferrari race car brought over to the U.S.

All race cars change over time. A 1963 Elva re-tubed five times with all new body parts still retains the same builder/factory number.

Here's a good photo of Walt Maas I found on the SCCA site. Description reads:

The Bay Area Datsun Dealers' 240-Z will once again take to the Laguna Seca track during the October 15-17 Monterey-Castrol Grand Prix. This will be the final tune-up race of the season for the team before they head for Road Atlanta and the American Road Race of Champions in November. Driver and Team Manager Walt Maas has announced that the upcoming race on Sunday immediately preceding the Can-Am race, should provide the fans with some of the best racing of the afternoon but adds that "Datsun owners will not be disappointed with the finish!" Hank Pierotti, President of the Bay Area Datsun Dealers, recently confided that the dealers are extremely pleased with the performance of the car and the team in their first year of competition, especially so since it appears that they will be representing Northern California at the National Championships in November.

post-25117-14150822426481_thumb.jpg

Yes that car is being restored to racing status and another IMSA Z that ran with him is out there as well with this car and could become available from what I have heard.

Les

Cool! Thanks Les! By the way, I hooked up with Andy today up at his sister's place at Lake Tahoe. We were both amazed at the quality of the valence and spoiler... Thanks! I love it when a plan comes together...