IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

That photo was the first taken by a professional photographer right after Shawn at Sharpsite motorsports redid the body and paint back to what it is supposed to look like. Shawn did an amazing job of getting the rear fenders back out to where they should be and the graphics came out amazing. I am hoping that I can get Adam to take it out for some racing although the big groups like Monterey won't allow it since it never raced back in the day. Shawn does some great work and he is branching out in the new York area to help vintage race guys be able to have competent help and track support as well. Well I am off to get another cool car for the collection will post photos when I return.

Les

Les,

A friend, Gary Cook who is on this site, was able to run at Monterey with a BRE replica this year. His car was built with input from Pete Brock so that might have been in the cards he played. You should be able to run that...

Right hand drive, B&W but somehow I think this might be a recent picture.

Only if you count 1976 as "recent". That's the car that Andre Haller died in whilst competing in the 1976 Le Mans 24hrs race. We've discussed it several times on this forum in the past.

How come you're 'finding' just so many photos that you don't seem to know anything about? Don't any of your sources list the relevant data? If not, why not? Is it because they are just endlessly right-clicking-and-saving and then re-posting elsewhere without taking any notice of the context? It's as though pages are being torn out of books, thrown on a big pile and then reassembled in random order.

You make an interesting observation, Alan. Although the title of the thread suggests pictures exclusively, it would be nice to know a little about what we are looking at.

For instance, "Datsundoc" posted a couple of "early Bob Sharp" photos a few posts up. Early? How 'early'? One of the pictures is of a G-Production SPL311-1600. Does anyone know when the SPL311-1600 raced in class GP? How about the other picture, an SPL311-2000 in C-Production? C-Production? Does anyone know why (and when) that car raced in C-Production? And...is that really Bob Sharp in the GP 1600? Is it not Joe Hauser?

Yes, a little explanation could make this thread far more interesting.

Since I started the thread, I can speak to this. My intention was in posting pictures to get the collaborative input of the members to fill in the blanks where it can be done. There has never been an intention that this be a picture only thread. I stated above that the pictures I personally have gathered come for the most part from a picture-only thread on another site. I have no idea where the person who posts them gets them, However I can tell you that the guy who has this vast library of pictures is Colin Chapman's nephew. I know him personally but I doubt he has time to discuss them. I do know that he and his friend who also has a very large racing picture library live in the same area of Florida as Carl, and have been to some of the same events because they have taken pictures of Carl's BRE Rally car.

If you know something about the car or the race, by all means, contribute to the knowledge base. :classic:

My confusion in thinking the recent B&W picture I posted was recent is because along the rocker panel it says something followed by 2001. I took that to be a year.

Edited by conedodger

I stated above that the pictures I personally have gathered come for the most part from a picture-only thread on another site. I have no idea where the person who posts them gets them.....

Well, many of the images you've been posting have obviously been right-clicked-and-saved from elsewhere. So this guy is simply getting them from the internet ( I can tell you that he most certainly does NOT own the copyright to the many of them ) and is putting them on the picture-only thread that you're sourcing them from, but divorced from their original source and context. What a waste.

So where is this mystery forum and mystery thread you're getting them from? Is there no conversation about car, driver, event, date, photographer whatsoever....? Is it just eye candy....?