IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Another right-hand-drive racer...

That's the old Fourways Engineering 'Bluezmobile' Modsports racer, here in the UK. Now in new ownership, but Fourways are still involved in prepping / running it.

Many of the panels are alloy, and it has some interesting mods. Fast car.

How come you seem to find so many photos that have been separated from their original source?

post-2116-14150821238757_thumb.jpg

I couldn't really tell you how they get separated from their original source. I am an admin on a board with a thread that is just random (mostly car) pictures. It would have to be the most popular thread on the board as it is over 2000 pages long at 25 posts per page. Every once in a while, someone posts something Datsun. That is where most of these come from. This particular picture was posted by a guy I know personally from the Bay Area in California. He has very eclectic taste in cars but every once in a while, a Datsun pops up. I will have to ask him where they come from...

• 2 weeks later...

That photo was the first taken by a professional photographer right after Shawn at Sharpsite motorsports redid the body and paint back to what it is supposed to look like. Shawn did an amazing job of getting the rear fenders back out to where they should be and the graphics came out amazing. I am hoping that I can get Adam to take it out for some racing although the big groups like Monterey won't allow it since it never raced back in the day. Shawn does some great work and he is branching out in the new York area to help vintage race guys be able to have competent help and track support as well. Well I am off to get another cool car for the collection will post photos when I return.

Les

This picture was taken in the warehouse section of Bruce Canepa's shop. If you look down in the left corner of the picture you can see part of the Frizelle car. Up above the elevator car parking system and to the right is a warehouse of rare parts that he finds and buys. On the floor just to the right and out of view is a staging area for parts to go on restorations. A great tour if you can talk him into it.

post-16545-14150821408377_thumb.jpg