IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

That last photo was a PR photo taken in 2001 when we tested the BRE car at Buttonwillow racetrack in central California and John Morton and I flew his plane up to the track and landed on the straightaway and we parked the plane along side the hotpit and we later posed the car next to the plane and his plane is White with red and blue stripes and I remember telling him it needed BRE stripes on the sides. Car was testing for the Monterey historics in 2001 where John was eventually forced to crash Vic Edelbrocks 1968 Smokey Yunick Camaro because he was blocking John every lap and one of the Alfa was fast approaching and John was not going to let him catch up. I will see if I can find some photos of this and some other cool cars we are building or have here at the shop.

Les

That last photo was a PR photo taken in 2001 when we tested the BRE car at Buttonwillow racetrack in central California and John Morton and I flew his plane up to the track and landed on the straightaway and we parked the plane along side the hotpit and we later posed the car next to the plane and his plane is White with red and blue stripes and I remember telling him it needed BRE stripes on the sides. Car was testing for the Monterey historics in 2001 where John was eventually forced to crash Vic Edelbrocks 1968 Smokey Yunick Camaro because he was blocking John every lap and one of the Alfa was fast approaching and John was not going to let him catch up. I will see if I can find some photos of this and some other cool cars we are building or have here at the shop.

Les

Thanks Les! I always hope when I post these random vintage pictures that I find on the web that someone will know something about the day, the event, or the car, or driver... Please, post your pictures!